Guys take a look at this cortana concept for windows phone.. Looks better than the white windows 10 Cortana..
    Take A Look At This Modern, Appealing Cortana Concept
    alinauman97 and Yazen like this.
    04-06-2015 12:09 AM
    That's something some people have wanted since day one... I like it :)
    04-06-2015 12:24 AM
    They should make both the action centre and Cortana transparent.. They are very basic as compared to homescreen and app drawer
    Cage Ata likes this.
    04-06-2015 01:32 AM
    I think Cortana should have Cortana in the background.... As in her face in the background at around 25% - 50% opacity, animated.... While the text and other information is presented in the foreground and more vibrant.

To give the impression of the stuff you want is right on the screen while Cortana remains inside and a part of the phone.

Simply adding transparency to existing UI, although somewhat effective in giving some life to the overall feel, really isn't all that unique.

Transparency is the new Lens Flare as Lens Flares were the Emboss, as Emboss was to Drop Shadows.

We need to think bigger.... We need to think More Cowbell.
    04-07-2015 08:41 AM
    I think Cortana should have Cortana in the background.... As in her face in the background at around 25% - 50% opacity, animated.... While the text and other information is presented in the foreground and more vibrant.

To give the impression of the stuff you want is right on the screen while Cortana remains inside and a part of the phone.

Simply adding transparency to existing UI, although somewhat effective in giving some life to the overall feel, really isn't all that unique.

Transparency is the new Lens Flare as Lens Flares were the Emboss, as Emboss was to Drop Shadows.

We need to think bigger.... We need to think More Cowbell.
    That's not metro though... I mean those kind of effects and backgrounds are so Pre-Win8 IMO...
    ML10 likes this.
    04-07-2015 09:08 AM
    So change some spacing, make some fonts bigger, add in a picture in the background, add in one new feature, and - Voila! New Cortana Concept!

I should start making concepts...
    StevoPhilo likes this.
    04-07-2015 10:01 AM
    That's not metro though... I mean those kind of effects and backgrounds are so Pre-Win8 IMO...
    Transparency isn't Metro either. Metro is solid coloured squares, pivot menus and plain text on a solid background.... If you wanted to get all specific about it.

I personally don't care if something is Metro or not.... I care about being visually appealing and functional.
    04-07-2015 09:39 PM
    Guys take a look at this cortana concept for windows phone.. Looks better than the white windows 10 Cortana..
    Take A Look At This Modern, Appealing Cortana Concept
    Would be happy with this design if they were to add soft shadows around the text elements to make them easier to read.
    04-07-2015 10:07 PM
    Transparency isn't Metro either. Metro is solid coloured squares, pivot menus and plain text on a solid background.... If you wanted to get all specific about it.

I personally don't care if something is Metro or not.... I care about being visually appealing and functional.
    Actually Metro can have backgrounds like in the concept images. It's not too far from the Pictures hub in WP 7 and 8:

pictures-concept-hub.png

I miss when WP used to be simple and nice looking.
    Last edited by Kram Sacul; 04-08-2015 at 08:32 AM.
    white_Shadoww likes this.
    04-08-2015 06:42 AM
    Meh, the official Microsoft version that they're working on looks so much better. http://i2.wp.com/www.unlockpwd.com/w...size=660%2C335
    Santiago_Canepa likes this.
    04-08-2015 07:08 AM