When will WP10 come to Lumia 930?

danghung

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Im really want to know the exactly answer for this question.
I feel very disappointed when almost phones wil have update to winphone 10 except lumia 930. Why cant this phone have, are there any problems with this phone or any bugs? When will it be updated?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I feel very disappointed when almost phones wil have update to winphone 10 except lumia 930. Why cant this phone have, are there any problems with this phone or any bugs? When will it be updated?
​There's no winphone 10. There's a technical preview. Which, expectedly, has bugs. There is no definite answer as to if/when the bugs will be fixed. There's plenty of rumours and most people would agree that MS would hope to have it sorted in time for the release of Windows 10. But, as with many things in life, there's no guarantee.

danghung

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
"That is the good news. The bad news is both the Lumia Icon and Lumia 930 will not be a part of this update round due to a bug with device scaling. Of course, this will be addressed likely for the next-next build, but not for this one."
I dont know what "bug with device scaling" was exactly mean. Is the L930's screen too different with others? With l930 users like me, it's unacceptable

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I read today that 930 had some serious bug while testing 10, possibly related to screen (hardware) and that's why it isn't on the list. MS is supposedly working on it.

Upd. I know Icon is on the list, basically the same phone. I'm just telling you what I read

https://mobile.twitter.com/vianaflavio/status/585890192546000896
This is ridiculous. I already had tried the first WP 10 preview using the trick on my lumia 930 and did not find any issues at all. it was working without any issues. I have no idea why microsoft said that they found bugs... I have been disappointed since the very first day of purchase when i came to know that this phone (35000 INR) does not support Glance Screen. was this device was just a mistake made by them?

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
No one knows for sure, could be in anywhere from a week to a month.

That's the problem MS is running into with these public previews. Imagine how people will freak out when they realize that they can't use the preview builds for the rest of their lives.

I am personally not sure if MS is doing itself a favor with this broadly available preview programs, to much people are using it that don't know exactly how to handle such programs and what to expect.

Last edited:

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I know it and you know it, but how many people are reading those messages really? The people complaining about bad experience on their daily drivers and delayed new version don't.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
This is ridiculous. I already had tried the first WP 10 preview using the trick on my lumia 930 and did not find any issues at all. it was working without any issues. I have no idea why microsoft said that they found bugs... I have been disappointed since the very first day of purchase when i came to know that this phone (35000 INR) does not support Glance Screen. was this device was just a mistake made by them?

1 You did not find any issues in the preview on your 930.
2 You only found out that the 930 did not have glance AFTER you bought it. But it is and always was a well known fact that the 930 has no glance.

So considering that you did " not know" the 930 had no glance gives me a very good indication how valuable your first remark is.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I'd be upset if I bought a 930 as an enthusiast and got left out of an enthusiast program later. Unfortunately that's the name of the game (pre-release software that isn't always going to function properly on certain phone models.)

At least there's only 3 phones left out this time as far as I know.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
If at&t released the Lumia 930 and not Verizon and it's so called icon we would of need a better support for the phone in the US.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It's not an update, it's a limited-release technical preview of a forthcoming OS. But no, Icon isn't included in this round.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I do not know if any of you are podcast listeners, but on the most recent "Windows Weekly" (episode titled Windows Phone 3.1), Mary Jo Foley stated there was one bug that MS was working on for the L930 that they were going to iron out before the W10 tech release could be 100% functional. There is no advantage to release a bad tech preview. MS wants feedback on the operation of W10, not a bunch of complaints about the preview.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

No one here can answer you. This is not MS but a user forum.

This is not an update but a technical preview update you are not 'entitled' to it. People seem confused by this idea.

It's likely the next W10 TP will allow for L930/Icon phones going by what has been said.

You will get the real W10 update when it's official later this year so I don't see your issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb