When will WP10 come to Lumia 930?

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I know it and you know it, but how many people are reading those messages really? The people complaining about bad experience on their daily drivers and delayed new version don't.

You can't filter "Stupid" and people can only do so much in regards to informing people on what they should or shouldn't do.

I can only show you the door Neo, you have to open it.

Some people are shown the door, they then reach for the door knob and right at the last second they slam their face right into it.... Then bicker and moan about the door not doing what they expected it to.

----------

In regards to the other comment in here about how the hacked version of W10 worked just fine on their 930 but now there's a bug that prevents the newest update from working....

... Well that earlier build was designed for lower end devices and a very select list of those low end devices. Different things such as screen resolutions, multiple microphones, speaker types, LED / AMOLED.... Etc. May not have been developed dynamically for the higher end phones and therefore many of these new bugs didn't exist.... Even still, this preview wasn't given to the other devices at the time because of how many features were either not optimized properly or simply didn't work. Once you activate one or two of those features for your device that the lower end ones didn't have to deal with, and suddenly you have some serious bugs pop up.

I'll admit, it's frustrating that my 930 is going to miss the boat.... Again.

It's also frustrating that a few months back I gave my 925 to my wife's cousin whom last I heard still isn't using it and is just collecting dust, so until I get that back, I can't test on that either.

My wife doesn't really want to jump in on the W10 preview at this stage with her 1320.... So I am currently left with my mother in law's old 625 with the cracked screen she left for us to chuck away. It's not overly cracked but just a bit on the upper left side of the screen, so as a testing device, it will do, but I would prefer to test on a higher end device like my 925 & 930 as they would best represent what I would experience on a device level I will be sticking to.

Either way, it'll be ready when it's ready.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to take a closer look at a door knob.

*thud*

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Insider Fast Preview available for My Lumia 930

Guys ! Check your insider app. I am able to get fast insider update. Yahooooooooo ... Its getting downloaded now 😍

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
1 You did not find any issues in the preview on your 930.
2 You only found out that the 930 did not have glance AFTER you bought it. But it is and always was a well known fact that the 930 has no glance.

So considering that you did " not know" the 930 had no glance gives me a very good indication how valuable your first remark is.

Sorry my friend, I really have no idea what you intention was with that response. DO you have a Lumia 930?
FACTs are Facts, lets not even talk about them, but after spending a lot of money you come to know that there is a very tiny feature which is not a part of this device, how would you feel? Do you know this feature is already available for a ASHA series phone which does not cost you more than $50-70? for what good reason Mirosoft launched it if it really did not have any additional features? I downgraded from 1520 and that was my biggest mistake.

Last edited:

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Yes, you can enrol in the fast ring.
​But there's no Windows 10 for Phone Technical Preview in that ring for 930.

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you can enrol in the fast ring.
​But there's no Windows 10 for Phone Technical Preview in that ring for 930.

In that case it should say "" NO preview builds available"

It shows Fast ring which is a good sing and moreover it clearly says "configuring device" and device reboots itself. please check the new screenshot below..

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150411_0004[1].jpg
    wp_ss_20150411_0004[1].jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 2
  • wp_ss_20150411_0006[1].jpg
    wp_ss_20150411_0006[1].jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 2

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Having a phone "ready to receive updates" does not mean there's an update available.

I'm struggling now to be honest:

Microsoft say there isn't a build for 930.
You find there's no build for 930.

That's got to be expected, surely?

Daniel Ekeroth

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Having a phone "ready to receive updates" does not mean there's an update available.

I'm struggling now to be honest:

Microsoft say there isn't a build for 930.
You find there's no build for 930.

That's got to be expected, surely?

I'm happy to inform you that I did get the new update to my 930 today. See screenshot. If you don't believe me, I can provide a video.wp10.jpg

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Sorry my friend, I really have no idea what you intention was with that response. DO you have a Lumia 930?
FACTs are Facts, lets not even talk about them, but after spending a lot of money you come to know that there is a very tiny feature which is not a part of this device, how would you feel? Do you know this feature is already available for a ASHA series phone which does not cost you more than $50-70? for what good reason Mirosoft launched it if it really did not have any additional features? I downgraded from 1520 and that was my biggest mistake.

Fact. Yes i have a 930.
Fact Yes I knew it did not support glance before I bought it.
Fact Yes I bought it anyway.

Fact, I would feel stupid, if I discovered something , what i could have know before I bought it.
But because I informed myself before buying it i knew what i bought so I have no reason to complain afterwards.

Or in other words I have no idea what you complain about because it is you own mistake.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo