The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-02-2015 11:44 PM
418 ... 23456 ...
tools
    About 2hrs15mins to go on this side of the globe. But then, I'll wait for 920 review. I hope I'm not the only who's still using 920?
    04-10-2015 09:46 AM
    What would make me excited about this build:
    -rectangular toggle
    -black theme in settings and throughout the entire OS
    -ability to disable notification center. I don't want it.
    -ability to see my social notifications on the Me Tile as before 8.1
    -merged X-Box Video, Music, Podcast, Radio into one hub app with a separated now playing screen with left/right swipe to advance tracks
    -restore Local Scout and Bing Vision in the search feature / Cortana
    -restore barcode scanning
    -restore the original i-bar cursor behavior
    -ability to disable the 'cursor nib' in the keyboard
    -restored Photo Hub
    -restored social networking integration so I don't need a separate app to like, comment, tweet, retweet from the Me Tile, People Hub, Photo Hub, or any contact card
    -toggle to remove games from the app list and show only in the Games Hub
    -a better mobile IE / Spartan interface. I can't stand the minimalist trend, and want the option to have the pre-mango style back.
    -restore the original behavior of playing videos in IE rather than having them in-line, which results in tiny controls that are hard to tap.
    -restore the old messaging hub by integrating Facebook Messaging and Skype so that we don't need to use Skype for messaging, since it'd be integrated.
    -add new emoticons, including the new Spock emoticon
    -restore the 'Recent' pane in People. I can't be the only one who used this and misses this.
    -launch the phone dialer in the dialpad
    -stop the combined call history and go back to reverse-chronological order. The behavior now is frustrating and irritating.
    -restore Rooms
    -restore Pictures in contacts
    -change the behavior of buttons: tap+hold on start to launch Cortana; tap on search to search in-app, which is disabled in-game; tap+hold on search to launch Bing Search in the panorama we used to enjoy, including Local Scout, Bing Vision, and Bing Music.
    -remove hamburger menus from everywhere in the OS and return to the native pivots that pivot.
    -and everything here.

Hey, are we really getting all these in today's build? 😲
    04-10-2015 09:50 AM
    No, he's just joking. No hamburgers for him
    04-10-2015 09:52 AM
    Hey, are we really getting all these in today's build?
    I think, he is expecting those from upcoming build.
    04-10-2015 09:53 AM
    Looking forward! My Lumia 1520 is waiting!
    But It is my primary phone, so I still don't know if I should install it :)
    04-10-2015 09:55 AM
    No, he's just joking. No hamburgers for him

LOL! Better.
    04-10-2015 09:56 AM
    Looking forward! My Lumia 1520 is waiting!
    But It is my primary phone, so I still don't know if I should install it :)
    ​I would wait to install it on my main phone. Go get a 635 and try it out on that.
    04-10-2015 09:57 AM
    I think, he is expecting those from upcoming build.

Okay. If only we'll actually be getting these points he raised.
    04-10-2015 09:57 AM
    What would make me excited about this build:
    -rectangular toggle
    -black theme in settings and throughout the entire OS
    -ability to disable notification center. I don't want it.
    -ability to see my social notifications on the Me Tile as before 8.1
    -merged X-Box Video, Music, Podcast, Radio into one hub app with a separated now playing screen with left/right swipe to advance tracks
    -restore Local Scout and Bing Vision in the search feature / Cortana
    -restore barcode scanning
    -restore the original i-bar cursor behavior
    -ability to disable the 'cursor nib' in the keyboard
    -restored Photo Hub
    -restored social networking integration so I don't need a separate app to like, comment, tweet, retweet from the Me Tile, People Hub, Photo Hub, or any contact card
    -toggle to remove games from the app list and show only in the Games Hub
    -a better mobile IE / Spartan interface. I can't stand the minimalist trend, and want the option to have the pre-mango style back.
    -restore the original behavior of playing videos in IE rather than having them in-line, which results in tiny controls that are hard to tap.
    -restore the old messaging hub by integrating Facebook Messaging and Skype so that we don't need to use Skype for messaging, since it'd be integrated.
    -add new emoticons, including the new Spock emoticon
    -restore the 'Recent' pane in People. I can't be the only one who used this and misses this.
    -launch the phone dialer in the dialpad
    -stop the combined call history and go back to reverse-chronological order. The behavior now is frustrating and irritating.
    -restore Rooms
    -restore Pictures in contacts
    -change the behavior of buttons: tap+hold on start to launch Cortana; tap on search to search in-app, which is disabled in-game; tap+hold on search to launch Bing Search in the panorama we used to enjoy, including Local Scout, Bing Vision, and Bing Music.
    -remove hamburger menus from everywhere in the OS and return to the native pivots that pivot.
    -and everything here.
    Why don't you just roll back to WP 8.0 huh?
    It has everything you like.
    Charles Brown8 likes this.
    04-10-2015 10:02 AM
    Too bad my 930 is left out in the dark again!! Thanks MS!
    04-10-2015 10:03 AM
    Ms could have released the new build without catching the bug for the 930... That would have been worse news probably. I am kinda puzzled the Icon is included though, I thought they practically the same phone.
    Last edited by Charles Brown8; 04-10-2015 at 10:26 AM.
    04-10-2015 10:05 AM
    920 and 830 ready to go! Flip dat switch MS!
    04-10-2015 10:08 AM
    Don't kill the Magic MS!
    04-10-2015 10:12 AM
    Step 1.. Find my L928. Step 2, find which other test device has my working 2nd line SIM card. Step 3.. profit!
    04-10-2015 10:18 AM
    Finally found my old 520 to test with! Unfortunately my daughter has shattered the screen.
    Guess I'll be using my 1520 for testing
    04-10-2015 10:24 AM
    Ma Rio
    Thats what I was thinking when I read the post too lol

My replies are showing as posts when Mod Approved sorry bout this ;)
    04-10-2015 10:27 AM
    About 2hrs15mins to go on this side of the globe. But then, I'll wait for 920 review. I hope I'm not the only who's still using 920?
    On that side of the globe and on all other sides
    920Walker and Dellboy2012 like this.
    04-10-2015 10:31 AM
    Few hours more :) maybe Joe Belfiore is prepping for his new video now ;)
    04-10-2015 10:33 AM
    I have some reservations about upgrading. From the leaked screenshots it looks like Microsoft has thrown metro design language out the window (pun intended). 8.1 Update 1 is pretty much perfect, its consistent from start to finish. W10 seems to be moving from the minimalist approach of 8.1 towards a 'cram-everything-in' approach. I haven't used it yet so I don't know what I'm in for.
    04-10-2015 10:37 AM
    Anticipation...... Lumia Icon hehe....
    04-10-2015 10:37 AM
    Hell ya...everyone is online...so I guess everyone is pretty much excited :D
    04-10-2015 10:41 AM
    Damn I am exited...i was thinking which feature due you think would be the best
    04-10-2015 10:41 AM
    Will this be a birthday gift or a birthday blunder? It's my birthday in 13 mins! :D

Some reviews on the performance of the preview on the 1520 would be a great WindowsCentral gift!
    04-10-2015 10:43 AM
    I have some reservations about upgrading. From the leaked screenshots it looks like Microsoft has thrown metro design language out the window (pun intended). 8.1 Update 1 is pretty much perfect, its consistent from start to finish. W10 seems to be moving from the minimalist approach of 8.1 towards a 'cram-everything-in' approach. I haven't used it yet so I don't know what I'm in for.
    Meanwhile, over on the PC side of things, people are complaining that everything's getting ripped out and dumbed down. I expect the final product will be somewhere in the middle between minimalist phone capability and maximum PC power, hopefully with enough customization options to keep us all happy.
    04-10-2015 10:44 AM
    One more hour!:)
    04-10-2015 10:49 AM
418 ... 23456 ...