So what happened on the big day?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey! I have a 525 too but as my only phone. Back in time I've had W10TP installed by hack method but it was unstable to be used in your daily driver so after using it for a week I restored it to WP8.1.1 denim. Now again excited for the new build and I hope its not that bad as previous one.
Btw I just PM'ed you for a help.

Yeah, replied back to you ;)

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm so lazy to back up my data that I probably won't even try it. Not to mention I can't go trough all the install and recovery processes again.
Weird what I have become. I'll probably just wait for your guys' reviews.

vinayscxbox

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Exactly 3 more hours to go. May be a hard reset is needed after installing it.
P.S: I have my engineering exam tomorrow, and it'll be ruined after the update becomes live. :p

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I've got my old 920 charged and ready.
Hopefully I can get the kids to bed early so I can play with W10.
Grr... Was hoping to watch DareDevil on Netflix tonight without any distractions but now I'll be too busy looking at my phone.

Colossus1090

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
My 830 is backed up and ready!

Also, my phone is waiting for a charge to install the previous Win10 preview, is there a way I can cancel that and go straight to built 2?

JJohnson1701

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
What would make me excited about this build:
-rectangular toggle
-black theme in settings and throughout the entire OS
-ability to disable notification center. I don't want it.
-ability to see my social notifications on the Me Tile as before 8.1
-merged X-Box Video, Music, Podcast, Radio into one hub app with a separated now playing screen with left/right swipe to advance tracks
-restore Local Scout and Bing Vision in the search feature / Cortana
-restore barcode scanning
-restore the original i-bar cursor behavior
-ability to disable the 'cursor nib' in the keyboard
-restored Photo Hub
-restored social networking integration so I don't need a separate app to like, comment, tweet, retweet from the Me Tile, People Hub, Photo Hub, or any contact card
-toggle to remove games from the app list and show only in the Games Hub
-a better mobile IE / Spartan interface. I can't stand the minimalist trend, and want the option to have the pre-mango style back.
-restore the original behavior of playing videos in IE rather than having them in-line, which results in tiny controls that are hard to tap.
-restore the old messaging hub by integrating Facebook Messaging and Skype so that we don't need to use Skype for messaging, since it'd be integrated.
-add new emoticons, including the new Spock emoticon
-restore the 'Recent' pane in People. I can't be the only one who used this and misses this.
-launch the phone dialer in the dialpad
-stop the combined call history and go back to reverse-chronological order. The behavior now is frustrating and irritating.
-restore Rooms
-restore Pictures in contacts
-change the behavior of buttons: tap+hold on start to launch Cortana; tap on search to search in-app, which is disabled in-game; tap+hold on search to launch Bing Search in the panorama we used to enjoy, including Local Scout, Bing Vision, and Bing Music.
-remove hamburger menus from everywhere in the OS and return to the native pivots that pivot.
-and everything here.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
About 2hrs15mins to go on this side of the globe. But then, I'll wait for 920 review. I hope I'm not the only who's still using 920?

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
What would make me excited about this build:
-rectangular toggle
-black theme in settings and throughout the entire OS
-ability to disable notification center. I don't want it.
-ability to see my social notifications on the Me Tile as before 8.1
-merged X-Box Video, Music, Podcast, Radio into one hub app with a separated now playing screen with left/right swipe to advance tracks
-restore Local Scout and Bing Vision in the search feature / Cortana
-restore barcode scanning
-restore the original i-bar cursor behavior
-ability to disable the 'cursor nib' in the keyboard
-restored Photo Hub
-restored social networking integration so I don't need a separate app to like, comment, tweet, retweet from the Me Tile, People Hub, Photo Hub, or any contact card
-toggle to remove games from the app list and show only in the Games Hub
-a better mobile IE / Spartan interface. I can't stand the minimalist trend, and want the option to have the pre-mango style back.
-restore the original behavior of playing videos in IE rather than having them in-line, which results in tiny controls that are hard to tap.
-restore the old messaging hub by integrating Facebook Messaging and Skype so that we don't need to use Skype for messaging, since it'd be integrated.
-add new emoticons, including the new Spock emoticon
-restore the 'Recent' pane in People. I can't be the only one who used this and misses this.
-launch the phone dialer in the dialpad
-stop the combined call history and go back to reverse-chronological order. The behavior now is frustrating and irritating.
-restore Rooms
-restore Pictures in contacts
-change the behavior of buttons: tap+hold on start to launch Cortana; tap on search to search in-app, which is disabled in-game; tap+hold on search to launch Bing Search in the panorama we used to enjoy, including Local Scout, Bing Vision, and Bing Music.
-remove hamburger menus from everywhere in the OS and return to the native pivots that pivot.
-and everything here.

Hey, are we really getting all these in today's build? 😲

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte