So what happened on the big day?

vlacocabios

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
quick question, ppl... I am registered on the windows insider programme, and I have the windows phone insider on my Lumia925... when I open the app I only get a screen with the option to search for new preview builds and nothing more... no options for slow or fast rig. when I press the option bar it only says that no builds could be found- which is normal- but prompts to log in to my account, which I already am... Am I missing something????

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
quick question, ppl... I am registered on the windows insider programme, and I have the windows phone insider on my Lumia925... when I open the app I only get a screen with the option to search for new preview builds and nothing more... no options for slow or fast rig. when I press the option bar it only says that no builds could be found- which is normal- but prompts to log in to my account, which I already am... Am I missing something????

Thats because there are no builds yet. Check back later after an hour until microsoft release it :)

We are all waiting :)

hal Turnage

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Damn I can't wait either! I'm on vacation in FL and bought my 830 with me as a secondary phone just to get the update ASAP.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Dellboy2012

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
What would make me excited about this build:
-rectangular toggle
-black theme in settings and throughout the entire OS
-ability to disable notification center. I don't want it.
-ability to see my social notifications on the Me Tile as before 8.1
-merged X-Box Video, Music, Podcast, Radio into one hub app with a separated now playing screen with left/right swipe to advance tracks
-restore Local Scout and Bing Vision in the search feature / Cortana
-restore barcode scanning
-restore the original i-bar cursor behavior
-ability to disable the 'cursor nib' in the keyboard
-restored Photo Hub
-restored social networking integration so I don't need a separate app to like, comment, tweet, retweet from the Me Tile, People Hub, Photo Hub, or any contact card
-toggle to remove games from the app list and show only in the Games Hub
-a interface. I can't stand the minimalist trend, and want the option to have the pre-mango style back.
-restore the original behavior of playing videos in IE rather than having them in-line, which results in tiny controls that are hard to tap.
-restore the old messaging hub by integrating Facebook Messaging and Skype so that we don't need to use Skype for messaging, since it'd be integrated.
-add new emoticons, including the new Spock emoticon
-restore the 'Recent' pane in People. I can't be the only one who used this and misses this.
-launch the phone dialer in the dialpad
-stop the combined call history and go back to reverse-chronological order. The behavior now is frustrating and irritating.
-restore Rooms
-restore Pictures in contacts
-change the behavior of buttons: tap+hold on start to launch Cortana; tap on search to search in-app, which is disabled in-game; tap+hold on search to launch Bing Search in the panorama we used to enjoy, including Local Scout, Bing Vision, and Bing Music.
-remove hamburger menus from everywhere in the OS and return to the native pivots that pivot.

By the number of times you used word "restore", seems like you need a downgrade bro, not W10.

Sakitumi

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
The only thing is that I hate already this Build cause so many whining and crying will be posted like "slow OS" "has a lot of bugs" and so on.. I expect a crude OS with fantastic features

And even one hour to the update release and ppl started whining about Windows 10 being buggy and all that....

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
And even one hour to the update release and ppl started whining about Windows 10 being buggy and all that....

I still don't get it. Unless everyone complaining is on their phone 24/7 and on every app five times an hour, there should be no serious bug material.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Do we know what's in this new build yet? I installed the current one on a 635 - meh.

I'm interested if this newer one includes more, otherwise, meh, no rush. I suppose I'll update the 635 and check it out, before deciding whether to throw it on the daily or not.

Tim Stone

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, my Icon was left off the list. I have that phone activated strictly for testing Win 10 ( which is also on an AIO test machine ). I have an older 928 that apparently will be updateable ... but the Icon has been a rock. So sorry they can't get past a bug in the install yet.

PREVIEW versions are for testing, input, and revision. They are NOT completed, ready to be released, product. Thus, complaints about them show some people simply didn't read the published info about them prior to installation. I've been an Alpah and Beta software tester for years. Our input helps improve and stabilize an under development product. The same goes for the preview versions. With the Win Phones, you should expect some issues in the release. That is the nature of the product.

tushardhingra

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Do we know what's in this new build yet? I installed the current one on a 635 - meh.

I'm interested if this newer one includes more, otherwise, meh, no rush. I suppose I'll update the 635 and check it out, before deciding whether to throw it on the daily or not.

It will be a big update full,of features. Gabe already confirmed that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss