04-28-2015 11:00 AM
79 ... 234
tools
    A pig is still a pig no matter how you dress it up. If the apps aren't there for the end user to be able to use the phone easily this OS will fade away.
    It depends on how you use your phone. Each ecosystem has its pros and cons. You wouldn't use a Corvette to pull a boat no matter how fast it is or how technologically advanced it is.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-12-2015 01:21 PM
    I don't remember anyone hating the notification center who "wanted it to go away."

I remember hearing a lot of demand for the feature from the day WP7 launched, and I remember hearing a lot of happiness when 8.1 implemented it, and yes, I remember some carping about how it should have been implemented BETTER or DIFFERENTLY - but I literally can't remember ever reading even one person saying anything like "This feature should not exist."

So unless I'm REALLY misremembering (and you can show evidence of that), I'm going to have to say "nope."
    prasath1234 likes this.
    04-14-2015 12:21 PM
    I don't remember anyone hating the notification center who "wanted it to go away."

I remember hearing a lot of demand for the feature from the day WP7 launched, and I remember hearing a lot of happiness when 8.1 implemented it, and yes, I remember some carping about how it should have been implemented BETTER or DIFFERENTLY - but I literally can't remember ever reading even one person saying anything like "This feature should not exist."

So unless I'm REALLY misremembering (and you can show evidence of that), I'm going to have to say "nope."
    Actually I wasn't too thrilled about it. I had no problem using the lock screen and live tiles for notifications so a busy Android style notification shade at the top of clean and minimal WP bummed me out. Luckily it was designed well and didn't look too bad. The action center is definitely a more welcome addition for me though as going into the settings page each time I wanted to switch something was really tedious.

I'm still not happy that's it at the top of the screen and it's presence inadvertently took away one of my favorite features of WP, the auto-hiding system tray. I really wish MS would've give an option for that (and games in the app list) in the final build of 8.1 but I guess they're too busy screwing up W10.
    prasath1234 likes this.
    04-14-2015 02:54 PM
    Feel free to tell me when & where I said "I hate live tiles"? Live tiles are great for getting a glance view of current news headlines, seeing the current song playing, seeing stocks & seeing weather. But a notification center brings ADDED functionality that Live Tiles simply don't have at the moment. A live tiles shows that I have a new message available, great...but it opens me up to the SMS app with all of the SMS messages. The notification center takes me directly to the new message --- and with Windows 10 Mobile, you can reply to the new message directly from the notification center. Live Tiles for items such as a Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode, screen brightness toggle is wasted space on the home screen for myself personally, I much prefer being able to swipe down a hidden menu to access such toggles. My home screen is dedicated to apps I frequent use or tiles I frequently look at for quick info.

FYI, the "random info" comment was an exaggeration, but it was in reference to the fact that when you tap a live tile, you aren't taken to the item that was just displayed on it --- extremely annoying for news headlines that are no where to be found once you open the app.
    Now i understood what you meant. I love both notification center and Live Tiles.Only thing i hate about notification centre is if i tap a new email notification, it takes me directly to the mail.That's fine. But then when i tap back, instead of going to INBOX, it goes back to start screen. There were times i wanted to see another mail related to the new mail and i had to go back to start screen and then come back. It was annoying. May be they should give us an option to choose.

//the fact that when you tap a live tile, you aren't taken to the item that was just displayed on it --- extremely annoying for news headlines that are no where to be found once you open the app//
    Agree with you here partially. It happened with me many times in other apps except MSN News. MSN news always shows old or previous editorial news. Sadly Live Tiles are late to update in my case.
    prasath1234 likes this.
    04-28-2015 11:00 AM
79 ... 234