Will installing windows 10 preview void the warranty?

rahul4aug

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I have pretty much new Lumia 830 and i am eager to test drive preview for phone but little worried if it can void the warranty of something goes seriously wrong 👎. Couldn't find any documentation for it though for p4d program it was clearly mentioned that it will void the warranty.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No, it shouldn't do as the software is coming from Microsoft.

You can reset to factory state by using the software recovery tool if things go badly.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Am pretty sure the not so fine print reads installing using pfd or the techprev 'may' void warranty. As we all know that 'may' is just for show & it means that ur warranty will stand null & void unless you are able to flash back using recovery tools.
So best thing would be to get, install & checkout the recovery tool first before jumping into win10

jjmorgan64

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have had multiple people at the att service center near me tell me they don't care about it as long as it comes from MS. Warranty is not voided.

Steve Kadlec

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I had 8.1 developer preview on an AT&T 1020 and had an issue. When I called them they would not warranty it. I sent it in for repair with Nokia, it can back with the standard 8.1 and then about a week later I has the same headset/speaker issue. When I called AT&T they did a warranty replace.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss