Lumia 1020 and WP10 TP

adnan720

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
trying to rollback from nokia recovery toolm but nokia lumia 1020 usb does not recognize on pc,

trying from the last 6 hours ,,,,,, replaced usb cabels and pc , some times it recognizse so i manage to download os on technical tool,

but unabale to install coz of again usb not recognizse

, now new problem faced , tried to soft reset , after softrest , its restarting frequently nokia logo appers 2 time and goes blank for few mint and then come the home screen

and the last hope - hard reset ,
hard reset button steps not working ,

volume down+power +camera button when it virbarates relase the power button only . it should come the ! mark, but it goes with nokia logo , and nothing happen .

any idea guys?

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
trying to rollback from nokia recovery toolm but nokia lumia 1020 usb does not recognize on pc,

trying from the last 6 hours ,,,,,, replaced usb cabels and pc , some times it recognizse so i manage to download os on technical tool,

, now new problem faced , tried to soft reset , after softrest , its restarting frequently nokia logo appers 2 time and goes blank for few mint and then come the home screen

volume down+power +camera button when it virbarates relase the power button only . it should come the ! mark, but it goes with nokia logo , and nothing happen .

any idea guys?

Just to be clear here, are you using the Lumia Software Recovery Tool? Or the Windows Phone Recovery Tool (v1.10)? I used the latter and it works without issues.

adnan720

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
i have done all the things , after soft reset my phone keep restarting ..... it comes in loop i think.

how about flashing the phone ?

is theere any nokia usb drivers ???

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
am pleasantly surprised how functioning, and much better this TP is on my 1020 that i was thinking, i didn't have any real issue after the TP install, my sim is working fine, camera is working, all my apps work apart from tweetium, sure there are some things that aren't ideal (no email+whatsapp notifications here), but i knew that and they are less than expected

hope all the folk who are having issues get it sorted soonest, and am looking forward to getting more fast ring updates to see how this new OS progresses.

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

any idea guys?

You can hard reset from the settings also. Try this. Anyways, wasn't all correct: When vibrating, release all buttons and then push volume down.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I tries to,install tp 10 after I installed gdr 2....but downloading is stuck to 5 %....tried a soft reset still same...any solution

Rocket_Sandeep

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Did factory reset ! wanted to go back to WP8.1 badly......

Contacts doesn't work from keypad dial , Photos copied from pc to mobile are not showing.

MJThib

Mar 1, 2007
Visit site
SIM card not recognized after install. Hard reset resolved that. My 1020 then was pretty slow to respond, but that has gotten better after a but of patience. I think the device is still updating things but doesn't show that its working. Lumia Camera install and set to default, works around the standard camera not knowing what to do with the 1020. So far I like a lot of what I'm seeing and can't wait to see the improvements as they get released.

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
First got 8.1 GDR 2.
Then the 10 TP. Phone hang on first time putting in SIM code, since then no sim detected.
Now trying hard reset, if this doesn't work I'm rolling back.

EDIT: Hard reset worked (the one where you lose all your data) phone finds SIM and have cellular connection now.
EDIT2: careful with this WP10 TP, my startscreen is gone! I only see small list of standard apps, cant swipe left!!
So doing another hard reset ATM. If this fails last test will be to roll back and reinstall WP10 if even that fails I will wait for another build..
I have the same issue. It's not that the screen is gone, it's that nothing is pinned. I an unable to pin some things though... like phone and most of the stuff I had pinned before. It's it possible to get 8.1 back if I didn't back up? I was expecting only Denim :(

atherosxd

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
The bad:
1) The font is small on 1020 in just about everywhere.
2) The sensitivity of the touch screen is a soft. It is easy to click on things you don't mean too.
3) Yellow theme (on my yellow 1020) is way too hard to read with the white text. Had to change to orange.

The Good:
It's a good start. Mail and Calendar are good starts. Again, text is a bit "thin" in both and a bit hard to read on the 1020.

not only the fonts but also almost all UI elements, the circles buttons. the action center toggles are small compared to the older 8.1. some buttons are small too. It feels like the 1020 had a screen resolution jump. maybe because of scaling issues.

atherosxd

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
am pleasantly surprised how functioning, and much better this TP is on my 1020 that i was thinking, i didn't have any real issue after the TP install, my sim is working fine, camera is working, all my apps work apart from tweetium, sure there are some things that aren't ideal (no email+whatsapp notifications here), but i knew that and they are less than expected

hope all the folk who are having issues get it sorted soonest, and am looking forward to getting more fast ring updates to see how this new OS progresses.

same here. It is smoother and faster than the 8.1 DP. Some settings might have some flaws or doesn't really work but those settings are negligible for me. I am surprised though that my Data toggles works as it should be. I had tested it with data on/off. and it worked. Others also reported that theirs works too.

atherosxd

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

any idea guys?

It has been long since my usb data connection doesn't work even with the original cable which is not working anymore that is why I risked my main phone to install the TP even though I don't have a way to rollback to 8.1

farhanaxiq

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
on my 1020 , windows 10 only record video in mono, but on 8.1 it record in stereo, both recorded on nokia camera beta
Screenshot (7).png
left is from 10 and right is from 8.1

Rocket_Sandeep

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Untitled.jpg

My mobile got detected in the first page of recovery tool after hard resetting my 1020 then its now stuck at this page since past 30min !

need help in solving this puzzle :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720