08-31-2015 05:22 PM
178 ... 5678
tools
    I rolled back simply because I need email notifications for work.

Performance on my 1020 was pretty bad, but endurable (as well as understandable; it is a tech preview, and the previous very limited one was so unpolished that I can't imagine anyone with realistic expectations was expecting a consumer preview level of polish on this second release).

Virtually all of my "issues" with WP 10 on the 1020 seem like polish/build issues that will almost certainly be resolved by release, as opposed to obviously conscious design decisions on MS's part, so I'm fairly optimistic overall.
    04-17-2015 07:40 PM
    I have been testing this on my main handset for the past few days but have decided to roll back to 8.1.

4. Although I like where they are going with Outlook, the issue of not being able to separate work and personal accounts makes this unusable for me at the moment. Also, notifications on the live tiles didn't work most of the time. It also kept defaulting to calendar view instead of email when launching the app.
    I have been reading about using separate work and personal email but really do not understand what the issue is. Please help to elaborate for my understanding.

Is it two Hotmail or Outlook email addresses or is it one Outlook address and another corporate email address?
    04-17-2015 09:06 PM
    I have been reading about using separate work and personal email but really do not understand what the issue is. Please help to elaborate for my understanding.

Is it two Hotmail or Outlook email addresses or is it one Outlook address and another corporate email address?
    Happy to elaborate :)

I run a small online business and all corporate emails are saved on my 2 main office PC's. I also have an email forwarder set up in my hosting account to forward copies of all emails to an Outlook account, which I have set up on my 1020 with its own live tile.

My personal email is a Hotmail account which is also set up to have its own live tile.

This works perfectly well for me on WP8.1 and I can see at a glance at my start screen whether I have personal or business emails. As far as I could see, this sort of set up is not possible at the moment with Outlook on WP10 TP. In Outlook you need to open the app and select which account to view which is a rather long winded process. If it was possible to pin each account to the start screen with its own live tile this would be perfect for me.

It seems to be a popular request as when I did manage to get the feedback app to work this issue was one of the top on the trending list with almost 1k requests.

Hope this helps to clear things up a little?
    04-18-2015 04:41 AM
    That's a good valid use case of the separate live tiles. I hope they come.
    04-18-2015 04:53 AM
    Happy to elaborate :)

I run a small online business and all corporate emails are saved on my 2 main office PC's. I also have an email forwarder set up in my hosting account to forward copies of all emails to an Outlook account, which I have set up on my 1020 with its own live tile.

My personal email is a Hotmail account which is also set up to have its own live tile.

This works perfectly well for me on WP8.1 and I can see at a glance at my start screen whether I have personal or business emails. As far as I could see, this sort of set up is not possible at the moment with Outlook on WP10 TP. In Outlook you need to open the app and select which account to view which is a rather long winded process. If it was possible to pin each account to the start screen with its own live tile this would be perfect for me.

It seems to be a popular request as when I did manage to get the feedback app to work this issue was one of the top on the trending list with almost 1k requests.

Hope this helps to clear things up a little?
    Hey thanks for the details. The email client that they are using an app that was used in iPhone/ Android (not sure which OS it came from).. So its just a port of the app to Windows. As the OS evolves, I am sure they will have the feature for pinning separate accounts to the home screen.
    04-18-2015 06:15 AM
    Not very tech savy but the 1020 has always been the 909 , I did my research and that's the actual model name, I used the article on windows central the explained in detail how to roll back to 8.1 , I actually used the link in the article to download the Lumia recovery tool, my phone came up as 909, I chose the OS and within 30 minutes my rollback was a complete success. Hope that helps you.
    I re-downloaded the Lumia recovery tool last night and after a few tries it made it all the way through the install of 8.1

Back to full performance again.

WP10 needs lots of work. I just hope all the feedback I have actually made it to the WP team.
    04-21-2015 08:24 AM
    Has anyone been able to update to the new build 10080 released yesterday? i get "The update couldn't be completed. (80070044)" error... help?
    Thanks!
    05-15-2015 12:01 PM
    Has anyone been able to update to the new build 10080 released yesterday? i get "The update couldn't be completed. (80070044)" error... help?
    Thanks!
    I updated the morning it came out...how much free storage space do you have? Also at what stage of the update process does it show you the error?
    05-16-2015 05:44 AM
    I have about 12gb free, it downloaded, prepared for installation, rebooted, presented the gears .. started updating .. suddently if quickly fills the bar and then it boots to the lockscreen ... swipe up.. error screen displayed....

That being said... i had to use the Recovery Tool from my PC since i tried to Restore to factory defaults by using the option in the about settings... it kinda bricked... it kept showing me the gears and then go to a black screen of death with a : - ( face on it ... and looping to the same thing after a reboot.. so i had to recover via USB cable thru my PC and then when i updated from 8.1 to 10 it went directly to 10080.

Thanks for replying! :)
    05-17-2015 11:36 PM
    Has anyone found a way of syncing Google Account Contacts or Facebook Contacts ? i haven't been able to do it... i lost all my previous contacts... and can't seem to find the way to add them back. Thanks!
    05-18-2015 12:49 PM
    Anybody running the latest build 10136?
    06-17-2015 10:38 AM
    I'm running 10136. I had to default my phone because the update didn't add any of the new apps (Edge, Store Beta, etc...). This build is more stable but there is a delay from when you hit an icon and to when it opens. I there is a speech error when I try to talk to Cortana. It also took a very long time to download updates and install them. Also the uninstall bug, which is annoying but overall, I think it is moving in the right direction.
    06-17-2015 11:35 AM
    Besides the stuff mentioned on the blog post by Windows team, is there anything I should do before installing?

I know these
    • Uninstall skype
    • wait for date, time to appear after install before use
    • messaging notification doesn't appear in action center
    06-17-2015 01:32 PM
    Is there anything I should do before installing?
    Probably wait for the next release..
    06-17-2015 01:44 PM
    Besides the stuff mentioned on the blog post by Windows team, is there anything I should do before installing?

I know these
    • Uninstall skype
    • wait for date, time to appear after install before use
    • messaging notification doesn't appear in action center
    Be patient. It was far longer than 10 minutes where it got to the lock screen before the time and date finally showed up (almost half an hour for me). All in all, the entire process (including a second OS update, re-installing all my apps, updating all my apps, etc), before my phone was completely done, took about 5 hours, which is the longest it's ever taken me after resetting my phone or upgrading/updating it.
    06-17-2015 03:19 PM
    Anybody running the latest build 10136?
    Yes.Seems stable.
    small delay in launching apps
    people hub crashing
    need to install/update most of the apps from store beta
    only two folders(cameraroll and saved pictures) visible in photo albums
    Need to install lumia camera again from old store
    06-17-2015 07:46 PM
    anyone here expereinced camera problems on 8.1 and fixed by upgrading to w10?
    07-04-2015 08:23 PM
    Hi, how did you download Lumia Camera? When I try the store tells me it's no longer available.
    07-11-2015 02:47 PM
    Am in India and,haven't,got any notification for windows 10 update ...anyone help
    07-30-2015 01:34 AM
    What does this have to do with this thread? The update is for DESKTOP only!
    07-30-2015 01:55 AM
    Am in India and,haven't,got any notification for windows 10 update ...anyone help
    W10 Mobile will be available in 2 months time, if that is what you are referring to.
    07-30-2015 02:17 AM
    Overall is the latest build useable on the 1020? Emails sms mms and calls the basic functions? Apps come next! would you advice to install?
    07-31-2015 02:33 AM
    Yes its totally useable on my 1020. The only problem I have is that I can't connect to my cars bluetooth system but I don't know if its a Windows 10 problem because also my girlfriends 710 does not work. My companies 635 indeed works perfectly with the car.
    07-31-2015 02:49 AM
    Thank you Kind People for the nudge and push. 7% complete Fingers crossed. BTW there was something about a hard reset after the update. Not sure how the steps go. Anyone? Is it Install and start phone as new. Do a hard reset and then start all over from back up? can anyone please help me with this bit?
    07-31-2015 03:55 PM
    I would try to go without a hard reset, a hard reset wipes all your data from your device. Normally people doing a hard reset after the upgrade start without a backup to get a completely clean installation.
    08-01-2015 02:08 AM
178 ... 5678