Lumia 1020 and WP10 TP

dan.booth

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So my 1020 updated, & Settings > About says I'm running 'Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones' yet I still have the old style Settings look/feel, I've lost Cortana, no new Maps app, no Spartan, Phone crashes instantly, neither of the new Outlook shortcuts do anything. I know this is an early build with all the caveats but boy, this is pretty bad.

Socrates741

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey, Im having same issue here. After Windows 10 Update, my Lumia 1020 is not recognizing my SIM card so no incomming or outcomming calls. Please, share any findings.

Jorgeminator

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Got through the Windows Insider app and the device configured itself, then I got a small update, which did nothing apparent. Update menu still says I'm up to date, even when the Windows Insider app reports that I'm on the Fast branch. What is this....!?!? BTW, I'm on the first TP 9941 build, Lumia 1020.

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I had an issue after updating my 1020 from 8.1 dev preview build (I believe it was on there). Unlocked ATT with T-Mobile.

The data worked just fine, I saw access point and didn't know if they moved it from the sim settings back to its own setting. When I saw tmobile was inactive, I simply touched it and from then on no data what so ever worked.

Soft reset didn't fix, restarting didn't fix it. What is happening is in cell+sim settings, the data connection is off and refuses to even move to the right, I can force slide it and hold it but then it goes right on back to the left. Airplane mode, not working. Wifi mode is on, connects, but no data is working. I can manually add an apn in there, and it says active but again no toggles work for data. As a result not a single app works except like call+sms. Other than that, I cannot do anything else (that requires data).

Resetting now, lets see how it goes.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
my 64gb lumia 1020 cv on EE in the UK just got the technical preview, so accepted it all, it went through a big update, and when it finished it had installed win 8.1 update 2, and the extras + info page now shows Cyan, lol - it was denim (obviously) - this should be fun, lets see what updates come next...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes