Lumia 1020 and WP10 TP

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It works on my AT&T Lumia 1020, although it's very buggy and slow. I wanted to see if the BT video frame rate was fixed but none of my video apps even open.

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Here's my list of bugs and issues I have faced so far.
  1. Surprisingly, it is the feedback app crashing on me every time I try to send feedback (worked 1 out of 10), +metoos work fine.
  2. Pre-installed camera app, I don't think it supports 1020's megapixels here, and the instead of getting a screen, I get 5 mini screens running kind of like camera sight 360 filters selection.
  3. Background Image picker is buggy, I was unable to change the image through file picker using a different folder, workaround was to use the recent list instead.
  4. The photo app crashed the phone during the first launch.
  5. Screenshot not working as well, "Couldn't capture screenshot".[It does work but shows the error anyways.]
  6. Different language keyboards not working.
  7. Battery Saver doesn't work at all, even with selecting the always on option. And also the app list doesn't show up similar to last build for other phones.
  8. Outlook mail and calendar apps work fine, but have a space I think for system tray which being white doesn’t show up. Looks bad in landscape.
  9. Filtering contacts in people hub (*new) not working, all of my Skype, outlook, twitter, Facebook are visible.
  10. Incoming call from a saved contact shows up as a new contact i.e. only number is displayed with no name or the image.
  11. Outgoing/Incoming call UI is broken, lots of open space below the image.
  12. Weather, News, Finance app's live tile not working.
  13. Default maps app not showing the GPS position.
  14. Some apps find it harder to save content on the phone, for example downloading wallpapers apps, which will hang-up the phone for a while then save the image.
  15. Notification/Action Centre, sometimes doesn't scale well, a background image line shows up in a corner.
  16. Automatic Brightness doesn't working sometimes. Need to lock, unlock couple of times to make it work.
  17. And, the battery drain, now giving me 10hrs of normal usage. Used to be around 15-16hrs
  18. 24-hour time format not working as well. Although it works in glance screen.
  19. New* Cortana, In settings, the "Learn my voice" feature crashes Cortana.
  20. New* Cortana, holding the search button, Cortana doesn't listen to me, instead shows an error "Cortana can't listen right now, Make sure your mic is working or wait a while"
  21. New* Cortana, Manually setting reminder crashes Cortana.
I will edit the list as I explore more. I am quite happy with the experience so far, and thus decided to use it as my primary phone, so that I can test it thoroughly. Same thing I did with the windows 10 on my laptop, although the desktop variant is much more stable then the phone one.

Last edited:

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I tried,to,update to,windows 10 via insider....but i got windows 8.1 GDR2 instead...now seeing soo,many bugs in W 10...i,think,iam,happy with GDR 2....

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm on att us, running preview denim, where were you able to only get gdr 2 , mine says either fast or slow no other options, so is slow gdr 2 and fast us 10?

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Select the fast ring, with me after selecting, phone restarted, then there was an update for gdr2 and after that I again selected fast ring, restarted again and again an update was available, this time it was win 10. After which there was another update for win 10. Stop after the first one if you just want gdr2.

Alex Crampton

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
So just a few things for me.

1) Screenshot error - even though it works
2) Data connection - Toggle set to off even though its on - I know there's a known issue but I thought it was the other way round
3) Brightness - doesn't always work. Had to lock phone and unlock. Set from Low to High - was no difference
4) In IE - the centre of the address bar is slightly higher than the rest.
5) Also in IE, the three dot menu, doesn't actually load the menu, it just refreshes the page - if I keep pressing and moving slightly to the right it will load.
6)Under lock screen setting clicking the dropdown box under "Choose an app to show detailed status" crashes the settings.& also click on the dropdown box under "Choose your background" crashes the settings
7) Under lock screen settings scrolling sometimes causes the background to white.
8) Under the theme settings. Changing the theme background (dark/light) causes the word (dark/light) to become off centred.
9) Clicking "Glance Screen" ,"Device Hub" under Extras - Does nothing
10) When opening specific settings i.e. Bluetooth, when you click back it doesn't close the Bluetooth settings, leaving the page open.

Other things
Photo & Outlook Mail - No Transparent Tile option
Spartan Browser - No Loading page marquee
Battery drain is higher then usual.
Some apps take 10-20 seconds to load - just a black screen.

Things that I would like to see different:
The option to turn off pictures text to conversations under messaging - let me know if this already exisits

Let me know if anyone else has the same problems. :)

Last edited:

compassstl

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I'm rolling back to 8.1 Initially I had cellular connectivity for phone/messaging, but the cellular data refused to turn on with the toggle, so I restarted and it doesn't recognize my SIM at all now.

Nightwolf88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
First got 8.1 GDR 2.
Then the 10 TP. Phone hang on first time putting in SIM code, since then no sim detected.
Now trying hard reset, if this doesn't work I'm rolling back.

EDIT: Hard reset worked (the one where you lose all your data) phone finds SIM and have cellular connection now.
EDIT2: careful with this WP10 TP, my startscreen is gone! I only see small list of standard apps, cant swipe left!!
So doing another hard reset ATM. If this fails last test will be to roll back and reinstall WP10 if even that fails I will wait for another build..
EDIT3: So after 3 hard resets everything is okay and running fine. It does look like the phone is using more battery and is running hotter. They will probably fix that later on.

Last edited:

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
initial install was fine, went back to 8.1 cyan and then to wp10 TP. However after a few hours I received notice that there was another update, so I downloaded that and now can't boot, Im stuck at the blue WP10 recovery screen. Power and vol - doesn't work and I cant seem to get the phone to the gears screen to reinstall. Any Key combo's to try? WP recovery tool doesn't see a connection or I would use that..

Lucky it was my old 1020 :)

Amithsiji

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I am getting mad, Its showing downloading but nothing else, 0%..Couple of times went to 5 % then it thrown 801882d2.........:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon