Lumia 1020 and WP10 TP

Jean Sagarese

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I am hoping that I can get mine to see AT&T tonight when I roll back - this morning I had service, got texts got some notifications and then nothing it was fine yesterday and Saturday

lawalhu

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded it on my 1020 and it has lots of bugs, but I'm not worried much since i know it's technical preview. What worries me most however is that mobile data can't be turned off. No matter how many times i press 'off' the data won't switch off.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Just an update to my previous post in this thread. The battery life os actually great after soft reset.

The battery saver timing displayed in setting is wrong. At full charge it showed 2 hours and 38 minutes left but I have used the phone for 9 hours and still 42% battery is left. Now it shows 1 hour and 58 minutes left but actually it can go for nearly another 6 to 8 hours.

So total usage on single charge is 17 hours but the battery saver only shows around 5 hours.

Now very happy with the battery performance.
Sent from Lumia 1020 on WP10 using Taptalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150414_0002-thumb.png
    wp_ss_20150414_0002-thumb.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 6

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
This is the first time MS has ever done TECH Previews. These are not CONSUMER Previews (Like those done with WP8) which are much later releases and like you said were more polished. Tech Previews are true betas in progress, and are for people wanting to get in early and actually have some input towards its development.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I downloaded it on my 1020 and it has lots of bugs, but I'm not worried much since i know it's technical preview. What worries me most however is that mobile data can't be turned off. No matter how many times i press 'off' the data won't switch off.

This was mentioned in the "Known issues" for this build before it released.

BeornSV

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone had this issue during installation on 1020 ?

During installation, with data migration in tsage 17 of 21 at 71% phone goes off.

I can only restart it with hard reset. After hard reset i have "NOT FOR RESALE" message appear with microsoft logo on startup as someone already mentioned above. It is the smallest problem.

The biggest problem is that when the windows first launched i can`t start setting app or any other app. Return to the home screen after each attempt. Also my keyboard does not work, so I can`t enter the password for wifi or any other text.
After that, I roll back to Windows 8.1 using WP Recovery Tool. I tried it three times and it's always the same outcome.

The only thing i did`t try to perform soft reset when phon goes off, during the migrating data. I always do hard reset.
Would soft reset maybe change something at this stage ? I`m on Telenor.

Only good thing is got a denim update and I stopped at this stage after roll back.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
How to do that, in which step ?
After hard reset, one of the screens asks if the phone should be restored from a backup. Select "No" (or whatever the exact wording is).
Then you get a "clean" install, in which most of the issues that are repeated on this site don't seem to be present.

BeornSV

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
You think to restore data from Backup but migrating data is before that and goes automatically during installation TP, after the first reboot.
I do not even get to step to restore from backup, as is the case with denim update.
I will try once again.

halleyrokz

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Updated to TP 2 today, got 3 updates.
>Camera App no view finder (messed up 5 windows on top), made the phone crash after trying to use camera app and then lumia app (my first crash ever using a windows phone).

>Settings totally buggy, (systems>phone crashes a lot, battery saver usage statistics crashes, buggy brightness control, nothing happens with glance screen -very sad in missing it, system>phone buggy UI, systems>notification - cant edit the whole bunch, lockscreen app totally buggy, system>personalization - totally screwed)

>Action center doesn't respond from time to time, sometimes it just hangs in the middle

>Confusing people hub, dialer, contacts etc

> Can't change outlook theme to dark

> No Transparent tiles so background pic useless

>Mention of LED in Notification but not working

>Transitions Buggy here and there

>Loading time of background apps increased drastically, Home page takes sometimes upto 5-8 seconds to load after using other apps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss