Windows 10 Mobile Discussion and Problem Solving Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hii i have a Lumia 1020 and i installed windows 10 a while ago, but i assume that there is a very big bug..!!!!
Once the phone is locked , unlocking doesnt happen.!! I have to do a soft reset to get my phone started. Has anyone else faced the same problem..???

give a hard reset !! mine is working well

AaronGraham

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
My impressions on Lumia 720
-No Project Spartan.
-Outlook Mail and Calendar apps won't open.
-Insider Hub won't open.
-Quite sluggish, not ideal for your primary device.
-Animations tend to stutter and I have already gotten 2 complete device freezes that required a soft reset.

Any idea for solutions? A hard reset to solve the problem of missing apps?

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
No. I tried it on my 920 last night and found it too rough to use as a daily driver. Doesn't feel good at all. This morning I flashed 8.1.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I was facing the same hanging issue after entering the PIN. A hard reset solved it. Now the entire OS is damn slow, but this may be because it's currently downloading all my recent apps, which sum up to about 70 GB.
One thing that's odd is, that after I performed the hard reset, the Cortana tile is gone from my start screen. Cortana doesn't even appear in the apps list, so I have no idea how to pin her back to the start screen again. She's working fine though when launching her from the search button, but even there ain't no option to pin her. Any ideas?

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
dKp1977 - My Cortana tile was just named Search instead and had a magnifying glass icon. After a while of use, and with no further updates, the tile changed to the familiar pulsating Cortana icon, the tile flipped to my News headlines intermittently, and the function inside was all Cortana. Perhaps it just takes a bit of time?

pspbricker

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm having serious issues on my 920.

When installation was complete, the device rebooted, asked for my SIM pin, then crashed. Device went off, and I had to restart. Upon restart, SIM pin was not asked for and consequently I can't make calls in or out. The "no SIM" icon is active in the notification bar, and despite multiple resets (Not a hard reset...yet) the device doesn't ask for the pin, and I can't access the phone. When I touch the phone app icon, the app sends me back to the homescreen.
Also, none of my accounts (MS, Google, Yahoo) work in the "People" app. I have "Attention required" for all three, and despite checking the password and hitting "Sync", that doesn't change. None of my contacts have pictures.
Messaging crashes and sends me back to homescreen - every time.
I will trawl the forums to see if anyone else has similiar issues, but anyone with ideas or similiar issues please post.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
dKp1977 - My Cortana tile was just named Search instead and had a magnifying glass icon. After a while of use, and with no further updates, the tile changed to the familiar pulsating Cortana icon, the tile flipped to my News headlines intermittently, and the function inside was all Cortana. Perhaps it just takes a bit of time?

Good point. I've searched the apps list for Cortana before. I'll try if it appears as "Search" now. Thanks. :)

[Edit]

It indeed appeared as "Search" in the apps list. So thanks again, you solved my issue. :)

Last edited:

Wondering_Bard

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey has anyone run into a problem with not getting any cell data? I hard reset my T-Mobile 925, and changed every seeing I can think of, and my device shows full LTE coverage, but I'm not getting any internet except over WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss