Windows 10 Mobile Discussion and Problem Solving Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Can't update Music or Video. I've hard reset 3 times now. Everything else is working as it should (despite all the things that they obviously need to fix). Any ideas?

andrews240

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I just read the entire thread, and all I can say is WOW. I am sorry for those who are having so many issues.

Here is my comments:

Lumia 1520 (AT&T)
Running fairly stable, so far. I had 1 random reboot today at around 14:00, but otherwise not bad. There are a few issues that I see constantly, and have reported via the feedback app:
The start screen background shifts left after about 1 hour. It can be reset, but occurs over again
Saved images from internet explorer or project Spartan do not save to the phone or SD card after long pressing and choosing save image
Although enabled, saying Hey, Cortana does not have a result
Like many here, tapping an email notification results in the Calendar app opening

Otherwise, all is well. I will update this post if I find more issues.

Japser

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
The Outlook and Insider Hub apps were malfunctioning, so I tought it'd be a good idea to remove them so I could reinstall them.. turns out I can't find them in the store and I've beeen looking for solutions but after a lot of searching online I guess I'm the only one that uninstalled a Windows 10 "system" app?

Does anybody have any idea how I can install them again without reinstalling the whole OS? A hidden store link or something? :)

Gabe said on Twitter that a hard reset is the way to fix this :)

wonder1070

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
did your update freeze and not continue after maybe 5-10% installed? That's what's going on with mine, been the same for about 2 hours now. Nevermind looks like it jumped to 50% just now. It's taking a while for it to download though to win10

ErHimanshuJaiswal

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,
I Installed windows 10 on my Lumia 1320. My phone was restarting every 10-20 minutes. I planned to roll back to windows 8.1 with windows phone recovery tool. After recovery my phone is not starting anymore. I tried hard and soft reset button combinations but failed. Please help me out on this issue.

ErHimanshuJaiswal

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,
I Installed windows 10 on my Lumia 1320. My phone was restarting every 10-20 minutes. I planned to roll back to windows 8.1 with windows phone recovery tool. After recovery my phone is not starting anymore. I tried hard and soft reset button combinations but failed. Please help me out on this issue.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I installed the latest build on my 520 and things have been nice so far. I didn't have many apps installed so it wasn't a long process. I have an 830 for my main windows phone, this one is for testing. Thus far still not good enough to put on the 830 but I like the direction it is heading. It's a bit on the slow side. It tends to act more like Windows 8.1 for pc where all apps remain open after closing unless specifically closed in Task Manager. Not sure if that causes issues. Spartan is sort of funny because when you search you go to bing and results you click on open internet explorer 11. All after starting the process in Spartan. Anyways, I preferred having the apps configuration section in settings. Now it seems only way to do it is from within the app.

Other than that, good job thus far. We know it's not even a beta so can't be expecting the world. I do hope everyone does send feedback regarding their issues. We want Microsoft to be aware instead of having to follow instructions on a forum. New users just want their phones to work.

Cornelius Hardy

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I installed it today. Like some of the changes. I expect bugs but I have a huge one. When my phone goes to sleep, I can't get it back on. I have to hold power + volume down to reset. I know it's sleeping and not off because I'm sharing internet from it right now but the screen is black.
Lumia 925 T-mobile

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Works great on my L920.

But I can't open the Photo-Hub. It just closes itself...

Did you do a reset after upgrading?? WhatsApp is opening, but account remains unknown. Chats are not being sent. Will uninstalling & reinstalling solve the issue? If so, will I be losing any chat data?? I was able to do the backup though.

Thanks in advance!

dbiz2

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Not trying to be smart-alecky, but if your having a problem 50% of the time it sounds like your going to have to hard reset your device. At this point maybe it would make more sense for MS to work on a clean install method that copies data and programs back after a clean install.

If this many people are having to hard reset their devices I would say the current method for upgrades is not working.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Not trying to be smart-alecky, but if your having a problem 50% of the time it sounds like your going to have to hard reset your device. At this point maybe it would make more sense for MS to work on a clean install method that copies data and programs back after a clean install.

If this many people are having to hard reset their devices I would say the current method for upgrades is not working.

Its no different in windows ... "In-place" vs "wipe and load" not sure why anyone thinks W10 on a 5" screen should be different. Only difference is it seems you have to upgrade the phone to wipe and load...no biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb