Windows 10 Mobile Discussion and Problem Solving Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the92playboy

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I too am having the issue of NO internet/data connection.

I try to manually put in the APN settings but it seems like the settings won't save and the proxy & port are blank every time I go back in there.

Any suggestions?

argeniszurita

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
If you could tell us, which app is not working, we can check whether it is working on our phones. Then we might be able to let you know.
Twitter. I can navigate twitter but when I go to my profile or any other profile it'll load and then shows me a white screen with the navigation bar at the bottom

fadi dababneh1

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
one WEIRD issue that im facing if you dont mind me to add is with my lumia 535 on the 2nd build is that when i want to choose to delete a photo from gallery or if i want cortana to use my current location or anything that pops up a window on top of my screen it just gets transparent and a thin yellow line appears on top . the window only shows up when i change the orientation of the screen when possible in some options to landscape doesnt work on portrait and cortana doesnt flip when landscape so i cant activate it . seems to me that Microsoft didnt think about large screens in this build the lumia 535 has a 5 inch display .and btw i have tried everything from soft reset to hard reset and everything

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
A workaround for data always on bug: Create a new APN with all wrong details and set it as deafult..now your device cant connect to the net even if it wants to...as there are incorrect APN. Later when you really need the net...select the original APN as default one..!

This works! I see significant battery improvement since data is now off.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
My photos app can't read photos from my SD card, only shows grey squares. Any solution? I already turned off OneDrive sync

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I ended up going back to 8.1 on my 1020. Not even going to install PFD. I'll keep 8.1 until/if AT&(T)errible releases Denim.

Update: After downgrading, I decided to choose Slow Ring. It updated me to what it says is Denim, then a message that the update was complete, and to plug in my phone and wait for the Windows 10 build to be released.

Last edited:

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
If you feel that the text in the settings screen is smaller, then this can help you.

Go to Settings>Ease of access>Ease of access
Over here you can increase the text size and the size of the text in settings menu also increases.

Hope this helps.
Sent from Lumia 1020 on WP10 using Taptalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150414_0003.png
    wp_ss_20150414_0003.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 7
  • wp_ss_20150414_0004.png
    wp_ss_20150414_0004.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 7

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
If insider hub is not working, you can use the Windows Feedback app to send issues and screenshots to Microsoft.
Sent from Lumia 1020 on WP10 using Taptalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150414_0005.png
    wp_ss_20150414_0005.png
    967.8 KB · Views: 7

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If you feel that the text in the settings screen is smaller, then this can help you.
Or just use the Kryten Zoom(tm):

Lister: Any problems?
Kryten: Well, just one or two. In fact I've compiled a little list if you'll indulge me. Now then, uh, my optical system doesn't appear to have a zoom function.
Lister: No, human eyes don't have a zoom.
Kryten: Well then, how do you bring a small object into sharp focus?
Lister: Well, you just move your head close to the object.
Kryten: I see. Move your head . . . closer, hmm, to the object. All right, okay. Well what about other optical effects like split screen, slow motion, Quantel[tm]?
Lister: No. We don't have them.
Kryten: You don't have them? Just the zoom? Hmm. Well now, that's fine, that's great. No, no, that's really great, that's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss