Windows 10 Mobile Discussion and Problem Solving Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabu d

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
My phone is not detecting in windowsphone.com after installing windows 10. So I am not able to view my purchase history..

Am the only one?

deiruch

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
when i try to login into forums from windows central app on W10 tp
i clicked on input field to enter credentials
but as soon as keyboard pops up
screen goes black and i cant do anything
same with other apps

like metweets & bookmyshow
anyone else facing such issue

Yes, I see exactly the same thing. I believe it happens with WP7-compatible apps, because both "Draw This" and "Words With Friends" turn to black when I try to enter my name/password.

Any ideas? Workarounds?

DecaTec_de

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I too am having the issue of NO internet/data connection.

I try to manually put in the APN settings but it seems like the settings won't save and the proxy & port are blank every time I go back in there.

Any suggestions?

Same problem here with my Lumia 530 DualSim. In general I do have a connection, but the phone often loses the cellular connection. The APN settings are pretty much useless because these cannot be saved.
Often it helps to switch the cellular data connection off and on again a few times and/or restart the phone. But this will only solve the problem for a few hours before the connection is lost again...really annoying.

Akhil Ashok1

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Turn off Cellular data in windows phone 10 Technical Preview

guys,
i found a solution for above topic..
just simple, just RESTORE your wp10..
After RESTORE your phone , the phone will reboot and started from first step at that time put un unmark on USING MOBILE DATA. and then go on to further steps,
TA DA....
problem solved...
NOTE: provide all backups before RESTORE YOUR PHONE including settings...:smile:

prabu d

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I see exactly the same thing. I believe it happens with WP7-compatible apps, because both "Draw This" and "Words With Friends" turn to black when I try to enter my name/password.

Any ideas? Workarounds?

Yes, thats right..This issue is there in most of the apps. Looks like it is some bug in windows 10..

For Windows central, adobe photoshop express, i did a trick.
Click on user name text box
Screen will go black,
Close your eyes,
Type user name,
Press enter,
type password,
press enter.

It will login successfully.. :') silly. But worked for me..

I gave feedback to microsoft about this issue with screenshots.. Hopefully they will fix this issue in upcoming build.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Words with Friends, Draw This, Adobe Photoshop Express ... maybe I'm missing something, but why do you need these apps on a TEST phone?
It is a TEST phone, isn't it?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Guys can u pls tell me how to enable cortana in INDIA?
I did it in wp 8.1..Now I m using WP10. I cant download speech also.
Plz help me.
check the Insider website for the list of known issues with this build. Cortana going back to US-only is one of them.
You could check some of the other threads where people have changed their regional settings etc and see how they've got on. For me, I won't do that - at least not with an account/device I want to use (the snowball effect of incorrect/inconsistent data like that through MS's systems can have unintended consequences).
But yes, language pack download will hang. Due to there being no language pack to download.

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this have been answer or solved. But after upgrading to WP10. Most of my apps are not installing (ex. whatsapp, Skype, all of bing apps, the MOTION setting and a lot others).

I have hard reset at least 4 times. I'm installing to my phone and NOT my SD card. Ive tried canceling the download and re-downloading. Soft reset.

Please if anyone know how to fix this let me know. WHATSAPP is an app i use for work and its very important I have it.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Do another hard reset and set the device up as a new device (don't restore a backup). You'll have to re-select all your apps, but at least they should be "unconfused" and will download.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte