Windows 10 Mobile Discussion and Problem Solving Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabu d

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
When I dial someone's mobile without preceding +91 (India) thrle dialler is not showing the contract name. It just shows number. Even call history shows just name. Looks like new dialler expects exact numbers given stored in the contact. Am I the only one?

W

WPCentral Question

Bricked Lumia 520?

Hi,

So I had installed the WP10 tech preview on my Lumia 520 - and today I decided to downgrade using the Windows Phone Recovery tool. All was fine until my PC decided to crash partway through.

My phone now shows a red Nokia screen - rebooting does nothing, and when I plug it into the Recovery Tool again, it says the product code is empty.

Here's what the screen looks like: i.imgur.com/P4qvm8A.jpg

godsgreat_87

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry. Remove battery and memory card. Insert battery again and connect using usb 2 port and try opening the client again and install. It will work. If it fails again. Close the client and open again and install. It happened to me too. But now fine

Romanos daskalinas1

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello

My Lumia 635 runs the fast tech preview of win10.The problem is that there is no Speech language on my phone and Cortana isn't talking or listening.I tried to download the US language but it is on queue mode for 2 days so I hard reset the phone but still no solution.

Any opinions?

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway to add the MMS APN settings? Seems they've removed all the carrier SIM options.

Being on straight talk WI my 830, doesn't seem I can do MMS. Anyone have any additional info?

squeezy99

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Cortana will not respond to speech as it seems there are no language packs for release 10051. The first release worked ok as long as i was set to the usa and English american

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
For those who have asked about multiple type of files as attachment in new outlook email, it is possible. Here is the screenshot. I am attaching a photo and a pdf file to the email.

wp_ss_20150417_0005.png

prabu d

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
When I dial someone's mobile without preceding +91 (India) thrle dialler is not showing the contract name. It just shows number. Even call history shows just name. Looks like new dialler expects exact numbers given stored in the contact. Am I the only one?

Any help?

Danny Talent

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Does Win ten have silent app updates? I mean it because i remember that the messaging app showed the messages I'd sent via notification hub as unread, as in live tile, lock screen and in-app unread. But lately it's working, I mean It still displays as unread in the app, but not anymore on lock screen. My point is, does it update silently? As I got no notification or info in my app download history...

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Does Win ten have silent app updates? I mean it because i remember that the messaging app showed the messages I'd sent via notification hub as unread, as in live tile, lock screen and in-app unread. But lately it's working, I mean It still displays as unread in the app, but not anymore on lock screen. My point is, does it update silently? As I got no notification or info in my app download history...

It depends on the settings you have set in your store app. Check Store>Settings and see if automatically update my apps is ticked.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Contacts stored correctly? In international or local format? All regional/language settings on the phone correct/consistent?

loosec

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Well apart from phone being so slow,crashing when opening utube app.everythings ok.
O yes and unable to restore to win 8.1,I've tried twice but phone still working but read about so many bricked phones.gutted for all

prabu d

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Contacts stored correctly? In international or local format? All regional/language settings on the phone correct/consistent?

Yes, contact is stored correctly.
Local format.
Region and language settings are consistent.

I stored just 10 digit of mobile number in my contact. My friend called me, when they call me it will have +91 at the front. So the phone app did not recognize it. Just displayed number. I had to cut the call and go to phonebook to search who that is. :'( . I updated the contact number with +91.

squeezy99

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Late last night Cortana using speech started working. It still says all my selected speech languages are in a queue, and I have UK as my location and English uk. Must have been a hidden update as I have been trying since the last update.

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
It is working on this release also.
Okay Ajayden, can you verify this,
1. switch on quiet hours from action centre.
2. Go to cortana, menu, select quiet hours, see the option of active quiet hours "right now", for me it still shows off even it is on from action center.
3. Select the breakthrough list and try adding a person in that list. For me, doing so, crashes Cortana.
4. Have someone call you during quiet hours, for me it doesn't work even with the moon icon showing up next to networks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise