Windows 10 Mobile Discussion and Problem Solving Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas Underwood

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I just installed the Windows Phone 10 Technical Preview Build 10166 on my Lumia 830

There are a couple issues I have run in to.
-My People App shows icons for my skype contacts which I have excluded in settings. Anybody know how to fix this or if it is a pending issue?
-My other issue is that before the update, I had my Lock Screen showing the outdoor conditions (ie. sunny, cloudy, rain, daylight, night, etc) but it doesn't seem to work. Even during the day, the lock screen shows the moon as it does when it is night time. Was this feature taken out of Windows Phone 10?

vlacocabios

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I am using build 10512, and it seems pretty good... however, I do have a problem with store not updating properly, I have about 30 apps stick on the update-download queue for at least a day. Also, any word on when custom ringtones are going to be available again?>

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 520 months ago to Windows Mobile 10 to no problem. Today I upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile on my Lumia 920 and it's stuck in a bootloop. I don't know what to do. I boot it up, it displays NOKIA, then the ATT flashes and abruptly disappears to the updating cogs, except they don't make any progress, and the phone after a few minutes just turns itself off. It seems I bricked my phone?

KING ALI1

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
hi guys I was trying to install wp10 by windows insider today and I had my battery 68% charged
suddenly trough the process this symbol ":-(" showed up and turned off the phone and i can do nothing now the phone just turns on the gears page comes up and the phone turns off

ODAI AGHA

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Please anyone can help me
I have HTC M8 Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.10512
And I Can't Get to the start (home) am only using my phone with cortana commands to open apps
I guess It happened after I changed my lock screen wallpaper from settings
Please Help

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Please anyone can help me
I have HTC M8 Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.10512
And I Can't Get to the start (home) am only using my phone with cortana commands to open apps
I guess It happened after I changed my lock screen wallpaper from settings
Please Help
Might need to do a hard reset. Tell Cortana to open settings, then go to System/about/ scroll down to "reset my phone"

hj2132

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Guyz plz help me
Device -640xl daily driver
Build- 10166

My store was not working so I decided to hard reset my phone but it is struck I can't use my device also if I turn on I see the hard reset thing but it comes in between and then shows a sad smiley help me with it plz

I had the exact same problem yesterday when I tried upgrading to WP10 insider preview.
I was able to roll back to WP 8.1 using the recovery tool.
You can try it.
How did the tool detect your phone please tell

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack Davies1

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
hi, i just purchased a lumia 640XL, and updated twice to 10566, but on both insider previews I can't see any contacts or add them, yet when i call a number the contact appears on the screen? anyone have any ideas?

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
hi, i just purchased a lumia 640XL, and updated twice to 10566, but on both insider previews I can't see any contacts or add them, yet when i call a number the contact appears on the screen? anyone have any ideas?

Hard reset also/or first make sure go into your people app click settings and make sure under Accounts you have what ever account you back up contacts to and that your signed in, for example I use google and outlook and I have to be signed into then through people settings in order for them to sync to my device.

lumia720

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I've a nagging issue with Build 10512 on Lumia 730.

There were some apps that would repeatedly update. I mean, the same version would just keep installing again and again and again.

As a result, I think I've lost a lot of internal storage space and now build 10536 won't install. Here's a screenshot of my storage.

System - 6.32GB
Apps - 1.09GB
EMail - 253MB
Maps - 291MB

Yet, somehow, the used space shows only as 6.54GB. When it should be well over 7GB. (Which I don't think is possible with a phone with 8GB internal storage)

How do I free up some space to install the new build? I am considering a hard reset. Although, re-installing every app considering the state of the Windows Store gives me nightmares. :(

Rinaldo Tjipjes

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
As of the new update I received today I don't get the Simcode screen anymore. Is there a way to manually do this? Thanks.

EDIT: Removed pincode for now, would still like to see this resolved.

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Installed 10536 on my Lumia 520.. I feel like 10512 was better! Store doesnt work properly in this build, I still have the "loading" on start screen going to revert back to 8.1 asap!!

copmcotcs

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
The new build does "seem faster" (TM) and the lock screen is finally fixed (on my L1520). I did a hard reset back to 8.1 and then clean installed the build. There are 2 niggling issues:

- There is a slight perceptible lag when using the task switcher; it stutters ever so slightly when zooming out to the app-view and zooming back in.

- The Windows Central app is now slow as hell. Why is this? It was not the case in 10512.

Can anyone else confirm that they have these issues or is it just me?

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I too have the issue with the windows central app.. Its slow like ****!! I have to click two times on forums to open them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa