Windows phone 10 Update no Start Screen

DenMag

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Updated my Lumia 635 over lunch with what was "Important" or "Critical" update (don't remember the actual title).

After the download and update, phone went blank, like powered off, no response to anything.
Took back cover off, removed/replaced battery, started up phone.

I see new lock screen photo and can swipe up but, only see notification bar icons (cell signal, LTE/Wireless, notification, and battery) and bottom buttons but, and this is the big BUT, no Start Screen icons. Basically the phone seems to be working but none functional.

Anyone else see same?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
You're the first I've seen with this complaint.. You can try to hard reset or use the lumia recovery tool

Edit: keep in mind that one of the known issues with the current w10 tech prev is that some photos aren't being backed up properly to onedrive, so i would suggest doing a manual backup before going through with my given options

Jeff Erson

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
My 920 is on black screen after installing Windows 10. I can't remove the battery so.... (sigh)

Soft reset does nothing to fix the issue. So..... (sigh) again...

arafattehsin

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Same story with my Lumia 820. No luck after couple of resets. I think Microsoft should have catered such issue instead of leaving Insiders like this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb