920 BUILD Edition - Update did nothing

SangNaga

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I ran the insider app, selected fast build, then it said it was going to reboot.

Looks good, so after I reboot I went to "Phone Update" and it says downloading.

Still looks good, so it downloads and then takes an hour to install. When it finally comes up it says something about being configured for technical preview. I few quick checks showed Office still available and none of the new features. I went to About and it still shows 8.1.

Okay, so it is still on 8.1 but it is setup for technical preview I guess. So I went back to "Phone Update" and there wasn't an update available. So I went back to the insider app and tried it again. It did the reboot again, and I still don't have an update.

Am I missing something here?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Similar on mine (it's an AT&T 920 but it's stuck on the developer device firmware because I can't flash back to the AT&T version anymore).

Insider ring set to Fast, it downloaded one update (the "Insider Fast Configuration Update" mentioned on the front page), and now is finding no updates.

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't worry right now :) Just give it a bit more time. You can always pop over to twitter and mention this to Gabe Aul :)

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Looks like an update started in the background for me. Can't see the screen yet to say for sure what update it is, but I'm seeing the "Preparing to install" screen now in Phone Update.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Looks like they just got it working? Update available finally, details says it's W10 preview.

There are so many variants and device codes, no surprise at all that they missed a few. I think the Build devices are not even on the update status page.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Does the navigation keys light up for you guys? Doesn't for me even in dark rooms

Edit: Nvm forgot I had battery saver on >.<;

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes