Lumia 925 and W10P TP

Ole Benji

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I'm a new WP user. My current device is the Lumia 925 (T-Mobile). I've got my Lumia to the Update 2, & now ready for the WP10 update. But I was wondering if anyone with the same device, tested W10?

P.s: I am sorry if this in the wrong place...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
At this stage, the early testing builds of Windows 10, which you have signed up for, are not fit for normal use.

New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones

If you're worried about breaking stuff, you shouldn't have done what you've done.

But don't worry, disregarding the chance of spontaneous combustion, it'll probably install fine. However if its your only device you probably want to revert to Windows Phone 8.1.

Ole Benji

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Hey there. Yeah I know that this only for testing purposes, which I don't mind trying out. 9x outta 10 I'm not going to continue the update because this my only device. I just wanted feedback for my device. So quick question; under my update status, I have the option to download the W10 TP. I don't want to continue forth. So should I leave it as is? Or as you mentioned, I still have to revert back to 8.1?

Owais Ahmed1

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I tried to update my Lumia 925 but after getting the 1st update I tried to download the main update for win10 but it show that your phone is up to date. Tried the windows insider once again after selecting the fast update mode it says your phone will restart in 5 seconds and then after the complete restart there is no updates same thing again your phone is up to date.....

ferryi

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I tried to update my Lumia 925 but after getting the 1st update I tried to download the main update for win10 but it show that your phone is up to date. Tried the windows insider once again after selecting the fast update mode it says your phone will restart in 5 seconds and then after the complete restart there is no updates same thing again your phone is up to date.....

Same issue here... Lumia 925, stuck on 8.1 update 2.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I had to do the windows insider a couple of times on my L925 (with reboot) and then it allowed me to update. Keep trying!

KeinoDoggy

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Managed to get Windows 10 installed after updating to 8.1 update 2. The new default camera app is messed up. It shows several small windows of the same object (like a series of frames of the same photo) I am aiming at instead of one large rectangle. Not useable to frame a photo. Switching to the old camera app works but really want to try out the new Windows camera app.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Managed to get Windows 10 installed after updating to 8.1 update 2. The new default camera app is messed up. It shows several small windows of the same object (like a series of frames of the same photo) I am aiming at instead of one large rectangle. Not useable to frame a photo. Switching to the old camera app works but really want to try out the new Windows camera app.

Yea same happens on my 920, have to use lumia camera app now until it gets fixed by hopefully an app update

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I installed it on my 925 T-mobile version and am already looking to revert. It is completely broken and barely usable. Not working with my band, brightness control doesn't work, can't even change my background photo.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Grimlock, Is your camera app messed up also?

Yeah, as another user posted the "camera" app is not working for me but "lumia camera" is working just fine. My default camera was set to lumia camera before I updated to w10, so maybe it carried over.

It took my phone a very long time to update after the download, so if any of you are wondering just give it time!

W10 is very interesting thus far

Samm Neiland

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Yup! Same with others here, I've found Windows 10 for Phone (at this point) pretty un-usable for the 925. The most I can say it's able to do is install.... aaaaand that's about it. Doesn't access my cell network, camera doesn't work, menus and apps broken, like... its pretty bad.

But I guess I'm more amused than disappointed. I'll just downgrade to 8.1 and wait for a more stable build. No biggie :V

KeinoDoggy

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Yup! Same with others here, I've found Windows 10 for Phone (at this point) pretty un-usable for the 925. The most I can say it's able to do is install.... aaaaand that's about it. Doesn't access my cell network, camera doesn't work, menus and apps broken, like... its pretty bad.

But I guess I'm more amused than disappointed. I'll just downgrade to 8.1 and wait for a more stable build. No biggie :V

Guess I'll play with it for a few days and then downgrade to 8.1 and then upgrade to 8.1 update 2. Runnining that on my other 925 and seems to work well.

James Maliki

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
You can install it.

I was having a little bit of trouble getting some of the functions to work but once I hard resetted the phone and started over it stopped bugging out. I guess when you upgraded it kept some reminiscences of 8.1 which was interfering with 10, so resetting the phone takes away all the 8.1 stuff and works like a charm.

Oh and with the Band issue. You have to manually unpair and pair the band to the phone again for it to start registering it properly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb