WARNING: Do not hard reset after installing the latest TP

LokeshDmello

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I've started a hard reset with hardware keys. Nothing came on the screen after the reset gears spinning was done. Kept the phone idle without doing anything as stated in a comment above which said it comes up after some time. So still waiting for anything to show up... UPDATE: The phone booted up about after 20-25 minutes....

Shin1309

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I did a hard reset and well after that i just have a blue screen saying that I need to use recovery, because of a missed archive(?) I tried to use both Lumia And Windows recovery tool and non of them worked.... So any of you with this problem?

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Conversely, a full factory reset was the thing that made my WP10 install work properly (i.e. giving me Spartan, new Cortana/Outlook/Calendar, etc) on my Lumia 920. I guess it's going to take a few days to pick apart what works with which models.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
HARD RESET on 635 (Fixes most all issues)

Do key press hard reset with ! mark its better and wipe out SD

Power off
Hold Volume down 8sec
Wait for "!"
Volume UP
Volume Down
Power
Volume down

Do in exact order

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Yea my device was totally messed up and did a hard reset and fixed every problem. Now I only want to know is when I access the task switcher I don't get the new task switcher....just the previous one from 8.1...can anyone confirm wether you guys have the new task switcher?

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Yea my device was totally messed up and did a hard reset and fixed every problem. Now I only want to know is when I access the task switcher I don't get the new task switcher....just the previous one from 8.1...can anyone confirm wether you guys have the new task switcher?

I think only some devices are showing the new task switcher

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Talking about task switcher with 4 tasks in one screen? Its not available in this build

jawash22

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

Power off
Hold Volume down 8sec
Wait for "!"
Volume UP
Volume Down
Power
Volume down

Do in exact order

Agreed, hard reset fixed all my problems on my 920.I couldn't send mms,etc and I have a dev unlocked 920 on Tmobile. I just chose to not restore from backups, but you probably could.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

Power off
Hold Volume down 8sec
Wait for "!"
Volume UP
Volume Down
Power
Volume down

Do in exact order..may vary slightly by model..Google it or BING it

zapppa83

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site

Power off
Hold Volume down 8sec
Wait for "!"
Volume UP
Volume Down
Power
Volume down

Do in exact order..may vary slightly by model..Google it or BING it

how is the speed..increased?

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
how is the speed..increased?

Its fine just like last build after hard reset. Once again if there are any issues its always best to hard reset immediatly after first upgrade !
Stay far away from Nokia/Microsoft recovery tool. Thats why most here are failing along with user error and cheap SD cards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb