Downgrade to Windows phone 8.1

Salehshams

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys.
If I install windows 10 on my phone and I won't like it and want to downgrade to 8.1, will this action reset my phone and delete my all apps?
Thanks so much.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
It really needs to be called UPGRADING to 8.1. I suffered through the last build and it was OK. Lots of bugs and not enough new. This build adds some new but adds even more bugs. I get constant crashes (on my 635 & 920). I cannot open Tweetium without a crash leading to a reboot. Outlook and Photos also lead to a crash n boot one out of ever few times used. The worst part is Cortana is still just simply awful. I loved it on 8.1, but in both 10 builds, they cut the features back while adding nothing. I spent 20 minutes trying to get the Cortana app to search for something tonight. I wanted to send an image to someone. First, Cortana is constantly guessing at what I want. I type two words and it always adds a 3rd word to the search when I didn't type it or want it. Then when you find an image, you can nolonger press and hold to just simply share it. You have to view the webpage or the source image. Both of those were causing constant crashing. So I finally got feed up with the app and wanted to send feedback, so I press and hold the volume down+power button to bring up the app. Guess what? A crash. I go back in, repeat steps... I start typing my feedback, another crash. I had to retype the feedback about 6 times before I finally got it submitted. If you're looking for a big headache, go ahead and install the technical preview of windows 10 on your phone. If you want a system that works, just stick with 8.1. I'm probably just going to go back right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12