Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
same for me too... all settings is notopening from toggle. I have to go to app list , from there settng is opening but old UI like it was on wp8 and 8.1
,, no start backgroud option. :(

lmoritz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
My 520 can't access settings either. I see the app, etc. but it won't start up.

In addition, my SIM card is showing as missing.

I have Project Spartan and it's working.

mwindgre

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
We got it working on Win 10 by,
1-factory resetting it,
2 then it got stuck on the signing into the Microsoft account
3 so I turned the phone off and on and then it worked properly on Win 10 mobile.
So it looks like factory resetting solved it.
To do the factory reset, a combination of buttons must be pressed. We could not get to reset the settings from the phone.
Look at this page for an unresponsive phone
Resetting your Windows Phone 8.1 | Windows Phone How-to (United Kingdom)
or follow this

To reset an unresponsive phone

If your phone is unresponsive and you can't reach Settings Settings icon, you may be able to reset your phone using the hardware buttons. On Nokia Lumia phones (and some others), do the following to reset your phone:

1.Press and hold the Volume down Volume down button and PowerPower button buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10-15 seconds).

2.When you feel the vibration, immediately press and hold the Volume down Volume down button button until you see a large exclamation mark.

3.Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up Volume up button, Volume down Volume down button, Power Power button, Volume down Volume down button. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos