Error 8018830f - downloaded but can't be installed

steppyhen

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Tried a few times to install the TP on my spare Lumia 520, but keep getting a message that it was downloaded but could not be installed (error 8018830f).

Has anyone else had this message and got around it?

Thanks!

steppyhen

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
So I tried using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool after reading a post that restoring that way resolved the error...

Big mistake.

I now have a bricked 520 showing the Nokia red screen of death. The recovery tool software is now saying it can't help as the product code is empty. Tried Lumia Software Recovery Tool but that won't discover the phone either.

All I can say is thank god this isn't my main device! Will pick up another budget Lumia next week and wait until the next build I think...

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Try downloading a new keyboard that requires data download, or a new language that requires data download, then cancel the language download, then try and update again

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
So I tried using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool after reading a post that restoring that way resolved the error...

Big mistake.

I now have a bricked 520 showing the Nokia red screen of death. The recovery tool software is now saying it can't help as the product code is empty. Tried Lumia Software Recovery Tool but that won't discover the phone either.

All I can say is thank god this isn't my main device! Will pick up another budget Lumia next week and wait until the next build I think...

Windows Device Recovery Tool has an option in case your phone is not detected. I know this first hand because I got the red screen of death on my 950xl when the operation failed. A MS tech suggested I try again using a different PC. running WDRT on the second PC fixed the issue and my 950xl was recovered. I had to select the My Phone Was Not Detected option and then selected Lumia from the list.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Windows Device Recovery Tool has an option in case your phone is not detected. I know this first hand because I got the red screen of death on my 950xl when the operation failed. A MS tech suggested I try again using a different PC. running WDRT on the second PC fixed the issue and my 950xl was recovered. I had to select the My Phone Was Not Detected option and then selected Lumia from the list.

He's gone... I fear

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos