How to cancel installation of downloaded Win 10 TP update?

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: how to stop wp 10 update?

What the hell, you've to install it, I'm currently trying the trick, I thought I can postpone the installation!!!!!!

KyleGM

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
The only way to stop the update is to reset your phone. I installed Update 2 and then performed a full reset, Update 2 stays but the phone doesn't pick up any new updates :)

Sergey Sharuyev

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site

I have the same trouble. As for my 1520, yesterday I installed wp10tp, today I have restored the phone to wp8.1, then started downloading update, and deleted windows insider while downloading. Now I have L1520 with GDR2. My problem is when I tried to do the same with my wife's L822 that has wp8.1 GDR1 with Denim, it downloaded wp10 at once without even try to have 8.1 gdr2 first. How to cancel the setup? It will be set up automatically on the 15th of April...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

All I had to do is uncheck automatic downloads from the settings>>update menu and that's it, no hard reset was needed. This is on a 830 BTW

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering as well how to prevent this update from installing... my L630 DS works perfectly with GDR 2 and I don't want to restore my phone and reinstall apps if the TP is too unstable (as others seem to say). Uninstalling Windows Insider did not work, neither did soft reset, if anyone else can suggest anything... thank you

LatitudeZ

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

Same problem. I got a little hot-headed and installed Windows Insider before reading the change log. What I didn't know was that it auto-downloaded the update, and is now threatening to update automatically on April 15th. Does anyone know how to delete the update files before it auto-installs?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Untick the box under "phone update" that says: "Automatically download updates if data settings allow it"
I've always done this when I get the install update now pop-up.

LatitudeZ

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else found a way to circumvent this before April 15th :(

EDIT: I understand I can hard reset now or use the tool Microsoft provides to rollback after TP10 is installed, but both ways means I lose my WhatsApp chats as I have no external SD. I also lose 6snap :'( which at least I can view stories atm. Is there a way to deleting or corrupting the download files? I tried setting the calendar a year back but the drawback is my schedule is now really messed up

Last edited:

LatitudeZ

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

That'll have to be my last resort, but that means I'll lose a lot of things that don't get backed up by the settings, like whatsapp chats etc (no external SD). Anyone know a way that wont erase everything? Also, does anyone know why I can't back up App+Settings manually? it gets to 95% and tells me there was an error

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

That'll have to be my last resort, but that means I'll lose a lot of things that don't get backed up by the settings, like whatsapp chats etc (no external SD). Anyone know a way that wont erase everything? try ##777#
Also, does anyone know why I can't back up App+Settings manually? Delete the existing Backup
it gets to 95% and tells me there was an error

... and for all those techs (trying stuff) ya gotta ask yourself ' ... do I have a fallback?'

pangchyu

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
How to Cancel Pack Update Windows 10 Technical Preview for Phone (10.0.12534.56)

Hi all !
Yesterday, i've checked windows insider + ( fast mode), and now Phone notices has a pack update ( windows 10 TP for phone)
But i've referenced some informations, Lumia not work well with this version.
And now, I don't want to update this pack.
How can i remove that pack update, because when 04/15/2015 Lumia auto install that pack update.

wp_ss_20150412_0001.png

I'm using Lumia 720 ( Cyan + Dev Preview 8.10.14219.341)
Plz, help me.
Tks and Regards.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, what's the big deal? Wipe your phone... There are more important things in life than a WhatsApp chat log.

If your phone data was that important to you, you had no business playing with the insider program in the first place.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you enrolled in Insider did you read any of the advice before activating it?

Microsoft said it. All the blogs said it. Users who tried said it.

Don't rush in. Don't use your primary. Do be ready to lose data. Do know how to restore and revert.

This. Is. Not. New.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
If you enrolled in Insider did you read any of the advice before activating it?

Microsoft said it. All the blogs said it. Users who tried said it.

Don't rush in. Don't use your primary. Do be ready to lose data. Do know how to restore and revert.

This. Is. Not. New.

That's true, but I kinda half expected those on Update 2 would be on a "slow-ring" and those on W10TP at the moment the "fast ring".

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's the same general panic we saw when the first round of Insider rolled out, but magnified.

The funny thing is, I suspect that even those who are only curious and are risking their primary are all hitting Fast because, you know, "cool."

Jeff Erson

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Anyone know a way that wont erase everything? Also, does anyone know why I can't back up App+Settings manually? it gets to 95% and tells me there was an error

Remove your old backups first before creating a new one. It fixed mine but that was long ago. :smile: Try it and see if this trick still works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)