L920 - don't seem to be able to get latest preview build?

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Updated from WP8.1 to WP10 this morning, with Fast Insider option. One very large update was followed by a smaller update download, then a long wait with the cogs.

My email apps are gone, including the Microsoft one for my Live mail account. Internet Explorer is there, but no Project Spartan, so I suspected I might need further updates.

"About" says I have OS version 10.0.12534.56, which seems to confirm my suspicions: presumably an early build which did not include the new Outlook and the new browser. Update says I have the latest updates. Restarting the phone doesn't change this, and I can't find the new WP10 apps via Store.

Does anyone know of a way I can tease the phone into giving me a build that includes email and the Spartan browser, please? Will a full factory reset trigger that, or would this be a costly waste of time?

Thanks!

[edit] Just responded to someone else in a similar thread with the same issue, once I'd got it working. Here's what I told them:

I can't tell you that you should do this, but I can tell you it worked for me.

I had the same problem, so I did a full factory reset. Given that the age I spent staring at the cogs earlier was probably a restoration of my account backup, I decided not to use the backup option this time and went fully from scratch. Now I've got a lot of customisation to do, but I do have the new Outlook and Project Spartan!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss