Using Windows 10 on you main (or only) phone?

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Anyone using this current build on your main phone? I'll see how the next few days go using such an early beta (which I don't normally do) on my Lumia 830 phone. If all else fails, I'll pull the sim and put it in my other phone.

BigDvr6

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I am yes, seems ok so far, better than the first preview as my 830 seems really smooth with it this time, had to remove a few apps due to them not working correctly and installing other versions.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but it's a terrible idea. I'm doing it because I don't use many critical apps at the moment, only calls, email, SMS, browser and music. Since these are fairly safe bets, I was willing to take the risk. However, "safe bets" still means "risky", and I can't assume that some foul-up in a future update won't brick the thing completely.

It is possible to roll back to 8.1 if you look for links explaining how to do it, but you could just wait a few months for the proper WP10 and let chumps like me risk our sanity for you in the meantime.

SagarSadbhaiya

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I was using it till Wednesday on my main phone.. i tried to change my sim due to some work & with 2-3 restarts got BSOD.. :(
however, i had my backup ready & rolled back to 8.1.. probably will not install this build!!

Zoolok

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I installed it, used it for a few hours, and went back to 8.1. The TP is still very buggy, unstable and is a very clear work in progress. I don't think it's reliable enough to be used as your only phone.

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm using it on my only Windows Phone L925, running fine, but there is an un documented bug with the Store where some apps hang on ether Downloading, Installing or Pending while others will Install fine.

Roland

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm using this as my daily driver on a Lumia 635, with a MicroSIM-to-MiniSIM adapter and a Nokia E7 just in case something borks. It's annoying when something goes wrong, but it just seems best, if able, to test a preview during the day-to-day to get a feel for what's up with it. If something does happen, or if I need to be reliably available, I just put my SIM into another phone.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ MS also recommends NOT doing so. The TP is exactly what the name implies. A preview. It's not really meant to be used on a daily basis. It's fun to play around with, but I definitely wouldn't use it as my daily driver.

Suwadith

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Upuntil few minutes ago I was using it on my lumia 925!
It's hardly a proper beta!
Load of errors and made me go crazy!
I just re installed 8.1!
I'll wait for a proper beta!
Till then I'll enjoy GDR2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05