04-20-2015 12:23 AM
76 1234
tools
    No universal inbox any more. :(

I've got 5 accounts. No way I'm going to flip through them individually. I don't have the Win10 desktop OS. Is the new Outlook Mail the same there?

Question, does multi-selection of messages by tapping in the left margin still work?
    No. That's gone in this release.
    04-11-2015 11:37 AM
    No. That's gone in this release.
    Thanks. Too bad! Is there another way to multi select? Any option in the famous hamburger? Or do we really have to handle all emails one by one?
    04-11-2015 11:50 AM
    Thanks. Too bad! Is there another way to multi select? Any option in the famous hamburger? Or do we really have to handle all emails one by one?
    Looks like it's one by one for now. Puzzling.

It's like MS hired a bunch of coders with no experience with 8.1 apps and just told them to start over with their own concepts. You would think they'd at least keep most of the features of older versions.
    Kram Sacul, michail71 and Joe920 like this.
    04-11-2015 12:11 PM
    Has anyone got the notifications working for Outlook ?
    04-11-2015 12:20 PM
    I've tried everything I can think of to get an Outlook.com account to work in the new Outlook Mail app. It won't work for me. Also I was getting a confusion of messages in notification area dropping me into the old 8.1 account setup screens, which didn't work either. Apparently (like on a real PC) additional accounts are setup in the email client, not settings and not like WP 8.1 - very confusing. But also they don't work.

I was using with some success the earlier WP10 build, but the for the sole reason that Outlook doesn't actually work (in that you cannot add accounts) I'm having to go back to WP8.1. It isn't Beta or even Alpha software. I'd say it is an early concept - not even passed unit testing. Its release is too soon, and MS should pull this WP10 TP release.
    04-11-2015 12:41 PM
    ...I had what looked to be a phantom email account I couldn't delete filled with numbers and random characters after the upgrade and import of my existing accounts. I normally have four email boxes in all - and it showed 5 with this.
    I figured out what it is; it's the inbox for the phone's Visual Voicemail--at least that's what mine was. Can't figure out why that's there, though.
    04-12-2015 09:18 AM
    Has anyone got the notifications working for Outlook ?
    Mine work in notification area not on live tile
    04-12-2015 09:21 AM
    It's promising, I have a 920 lying around that I loaded it onto and will look at it occasionally... I wonder what kind of feedback they want? just anything and let them sort it or is there a place to look up all the reported items to avoid repeats.

I still want GAL look up which seems like it might be there in the future as all it says is that it can't search online or something, (same thing with email search)

I think the icons and stuff are too small though on a 920.....
    04-13-2015 12:18 AM
    I had 7 active-notification email folders on my homescreen, now down to 1 blank, and as yet am unable to open attachments. I will likely have to rollback if there's no fix coming in the very near future. And I miss the dark theme.
    michail71 likes this.
    04-13-2015 12:21 AM
    I wonder what kind of feedback they want? just anything and let them sort it or is there a place to look up all the reported items to avoid repeats.
    If you use the feedback app/take a screenshot it tries to match your feedback with any existing topics and you can "me too" them. Or enter your own text.
    anthonyng and Formula84 like this.
    04-13-2015 12:22 AM
    I had 7 active-notification email folders on my homescreen, now down to 1 blank, and as yet am unable to open attachments. I will likely have to rollback if there's no fix coming in the very near future. And I miss the dark theme.
    There's nothing to "fix" - the features aren't there yet. And, except for Office, may not come at all. Could be a long wait until the next release too.
    04-13-2015 12:29 AM
    Guys,

I have a concern,

In current Winphn 8.1 , In new email you can only attach image as an attachment while replying to any email as the attachment button taken you to the photos gallary.

I would like to know is their any provision of attaching pdf, work or other files in WinPhn 10.

Do let me know if you find something.
    04-13-2015 01:06 AM
    I actually quite like the new outlook mail, its very clean, and yea the account selection is a little clunky, I don't see it as a very big issue, its definitely nice visually than the 8.1 email
    04-13-2015 02:48 AM
    I would like to know is their any provision of attaching pdf, work or other files in WinPhn 10.

Do let me know if you find something.
    It might come if/when Office is included in the build. The Insider website had a list of issues that would come with this build. No Office was one of them.
    04-13-2015 03:26 AM
    If anyone here had used Accompli, he wouldn't have complained about Outlook.

It's accompli rebranded as Outlook & it's awesome.
    04-13-2015 04:06 AM
    I have used AC... it is not the same. It is work in progress. The outlook lacks a lot of features that outlook (accompli) offers on ios.
    04-13-2015 03:37 PM
    I'd say having a consistent UI across devices is a good thing.
    This is exactly the idea that I'm worried that Microsoft is following. The UI should be the same is the usage style is. However, how users use phones is not a 1-for-1 match of how they use tablets or computers. The ideas need to be consistent, but the manner in which one uses the app should be respectful of the interaction mode.

The sad thing is that the chief complaint of Windows 8.1 is that it grafted a tablet UI onto a desktop OS. Now, with Windows 10, Microsoft seems to be trying the reverse: they're grafting the tablet UI onto a phone. I think that the wrong lesson has been learned. Ugh.
    byobg likes this.
    04-13-2015 05:08 PM
    As a first look at a transfer from Android/iOS, Outlook's not that bad.
    04-13-2015 05:11 PM
    I love of it of course its pretty bare bones at this point. But more features and sync options will come but its **** cleaner and I love the slide to delete messages
    04-13-2015 05:51 PM
    I love the slide to delete messages
    Me too. But then again there's folk demanding they put an extra "Are you sure?" dialog in there. Which would totally negate the benefit. I properly detest confirmation dialogs/UAC etc - if I click the delete function, it should just get on with it. Especially when accidental deletions are so easily resolved.
    They can't please all the people all of the time.
    04-13-2015 06:03 PM
    Me too. But then again there's folk demanding they put an extra "Are you sure?" dialog in there. Which would totally negate the benefit. I properly detest confirmation dialogs/UAC etc - if I click the delete function, it should just get on with it. Especially when accidental deletions are so easily resolved.
    They can't please all the people all of the time.

I don't understand the need for that confirmation when there's a trash folder anyway simply go in there if u need to restore something
    04-13-2015 06:12 PM
    I don't understand the need for that confirmation when there's a trash folder anyway simply go in there if u need to restore something
    Exactly
    04-13-2015 07:27 PM
    Or just do it the way literally THOUSANDS of other programs on every platform handle this kind of thing: a confirmation dialog with a "Don't ask me this again" checkbox. Done.
    04-14-2015 12:08 PM
    Please just confirm that pressing the mail tile always takes you to the inbox.
    The best thing to me about 8.1 mail is that it doesn't remember what folder you were in before, making you traverse back to the inbox. Instead the Start screen tile just always takes you to your inbox. And you can put multiple mailbox tiles on the Start screen as well.
    I hate the way mail client works on ios and android.
    04-14-2015 09:47 PM
    Please just confirm that pressing the mail tile always takes you to the inbox.
    At present, on first launch it takes me to the Inbox of the first (alphabetically) configured account. Which for me is an annoyance, as it's one of my other accounts I want to be the "default". On subsequent launches i.e. without having closed the app or rebooted the phone, it seems to remember which Inbox I was in and goes there.
    04-14-2015 09:52 PM
76 1234