Outlook - New Mail Client - Does anyone like at this stage?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Just tried Calendar out. Seems OK. Would like the colour bar indication for different Calendars to be more prominent.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
It's an upgrade in a few ways over 8.1 but overall it's a bunch of steps back especially the look of it. Simple but very bland compared to 8.1. It might as well be the mobile website version of Outlook.com. The hamburger menu and the icons at the top are a total design fail. You just can't shove a tablet UI onto a phone and think it's going to work.

The only really good thing about it is that it's not finished and can be fixed. I doubt it though.

Kodiak12

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
No universal inbox any more. :(

I've got 5 accounts. No way I'm going to flip through them individually. I don't have the Win10 desktop OS. Is the new Outlook Mail the same there?

Question, does multi-selection of messages by tapping in the left margin still work?
No. That's gone in this release.

Kodiak12

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. Too bad! Is there another way to multi select? Any option in the famous hamburger? Or do we really have to handle all emails one by one?
Looks like it's one by one for now. Puzzling.

It's like MS hired a bunch of coders with no experience with 8.1 apps and just told them to start over with their own concepts. You would think they'd at least keep most of the features of older versions.

R S

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I've tried everything I can think of to get an Outlook.com account to work in the new Outlook Mail app. It won't work for me. Also I was getting a confusion of messages in notification area dropping me into the old 8.1 account setup screens, which didn't work either. Apparently (like on a real PC) additional accounts are setup in the email client, not settings and not like WP 8.1 - very confusing. But also they don't work.

I was using with some success the earlier WP10 build, but the for the sole reason that Outlook doesn't actually work (in that you cannot add accounts) I'm having to go back to WP8.1. It isn't Beta or even Alpha software. I'd say it is an early concept - not even passed unit testing. Its release is too soon, and MS should pull this WP10 TP release.

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
...I had what looked to be a phantom email account I couldn't delete filled with numbers and random characters after the upgrade and import of my existing accounts. I normally have four email boxes in all - and it showed 5 with this.

I figured out what it is; it's the inbox for the phone's Visual Voicemail--at least that's what mine was. Can't figure out why that's there, though.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It's promising, I have a 920 lying around that I loaded it onto and will look at it occasionally... I wonder what kind of feedback they want? just anything and let them sort it or is there a place to look up all the reported items to avoid repeats.

I still want GAL look up which seems like it might be there in the future as all it says is that it can't search online or something, (same thing with email search)

I think the icons and stuff are too small though on a 920.....

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I had 7 active-notification email folders on my homescreen, now down to 1 blank, and as yet am unable to open attachments. I will likely have to rollback if there's no fix coming in the very near future. And I miss the dark theme.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I wonder what kind of feedback they want? just anything and let them sort it or is there a place to look up all the reported items to avoid repeats.
If you use the feedback app/take a screenshot it tries to match your feedback with any existing topics and you can "me too" them. Or enter your own text.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I had 7 active-notification email folders on my homescreen, now down to 1 blank, and as yet am unable to open attachments. I will likely have to rollback if there's no fix coming in the very near future. And I miss the dark theme.
There's nothing to "fix" - the features aren't there yet. And, except for Office, may not come at all. Could be a long wait until the next release too.

i_Neel

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Guys,

I have a concern,

In current Winphn 8.1 , In new email you can only attach image as an attachment while replying to any email as the attachment button taken you to the photos gallary.

I would like to know is their any provision of attaching pdf, work or other files in WinPhn 10.

Do let me know if you find something.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I actually quite like the new outlook mail, its very clean, and yea the account selection is a little clunky, I don't see it as a very big issue, its definitely nice visually than the 8.1 email

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I would like to know is their any provision of attaching pdf, work or other files in WinPhn 10.

Do let me know if you find something.
It might come if/when Office is included in the build. The Insider website had a list of issues that would come with this build. No Office was one of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven