So I decided to downgrade my device, but the Windows Phone Recovery Tool refuses to downgrade my device. The Nokia Care Suite don't recognize my device, either, stating "selection failed".

It doesn't really matter if I can't downgrade, but I just want to know if there's another way to do it.

Also, my phone is an ATT 920.
    04-11-2015 11:19 AM
    So I decided to downgrade my device, but the Windows Phone Recovery Tool refuses to downgrade my device. The Nokia Care Suite don't recognize my device, either, stating "selection failed".

It doesn't really matter if I can't downgrade, but I just want to know if there's another way to do it.

Did you try to install and run the recovery program on other computer?
    04-11-2015 11:21 AM

04-11-2015 11:21 AM
    Yep, but what I found was that the program tries to flash the ATT Black update onto my phone, which as far as I'm aware is not possible.

I wonder if there's a way to trick the tool to flash a different ROM.

Also, only the WPRT detects my phone. The Lumia and Nokia Suite software are unable to select my device.
    04-11-2015 11:31 AM
    Yep, but what I found was that the program tries to flash the ATT Black update onto my phone, which as far as I'm aware is not possible.

I wonder if there's a way to trick the tool to flash a different ROM.

Also, only the WPRT detects my phone. The Lumia and Nokia Suite software are unable to select my device.
    If that version is offered by the WPRT so be it. It's possible to flash lower firmwares on our phones unlike iOS devices. Just be sure to update your phone after the recovery which maybe Cyan.
    04-11-2015 11:36 AM
    If that version is offered by the WPRT so be it. It's possible to flash lower firmwares on our phones unlike iOS devices. Just be sure to update your phone after the recovery which maybe Cyan.
    See thats what ive been trying to do. I'm greeted with an error and my phone just reboots.

When i get home ill take a pic of the error and post the log it generated.
    04-11-2015 11:41 AM
    So this is the error I get.
    capture.png
    And this is the prominent error in the log:
    0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device
    Is there any way to get around this check?
    04-11-2015 01:02 PM
    So I tried to trick the Windows Tool into flashing the package. No luck, and deadzone flashing in Product support tool doesn't seem to work either. This is pretty annoying.
    04-11-2015 04:07 PM
    Mine keeps stuck in "reading phone info" forever :(
    04-11-2015 04:38 PM
    Mine keeps stuck in "reading phone info" forever :(
    Mine did this for several hours earlier today, now it no longer even recognizes the phone
    04-11-2015 08:37 PM
    Success!
    I followed instructions from another thread in the Lumia 920 forum (called "Cyan and LTE")
    Was able to fool WPRT to flash my phone back to 8.1.
    I would link to the thread but I'm not allowed to :/
    04-11-2015 09:51 PM