Bug : Lumia 920 not working since UPDATE

AymanWP93

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm having some big trouble with my Lumia 920 due to some update installation's problems. Here's the story :

I registrated on Windows Insider and installer the Windows Insider App on my phone. I choose the fast ring config , i went to check out the update for my phone , i downloaded the Win 10 TP and launched the installation. The phone rebooted and the gears appeared and the installation took ~ 20 min. Until this moment, everything was fine.
After the installation bar ( under the gears ) completed , my phone rebooted and it kept rebooting for 20 times with only the Nokia Logo appearing ( the 2nd phase of the installation : app/ data migration , didn't appear ).
Because of these unexpected and never-ending reboots , i had to soft reset my phone.
After the soft reset , the phone started normally , the nokia logo appeared then the Windows Logo and finally my lockscreen. I typed my lockscreen password and all i've got was a black start screen and nothing else. The action center / notification bar doesn't appear when i swype , neither do the application list. Just the fuzzy lockscreen and nothing else.

EDIT : It's getting worse since my computer doesn't detect the phone since the update. I'm using very various tools and the Windows Explorer & Recovery Tool can't detect the 920.
I'm thinking about hard resetting the phone.

Anybody else got this problem ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm having some big trouble with my Lumia 920 due to some update installation's problems. Here's the story :

I registrated on Windows Insider and installer the Windows Insider App on my phone. I choose the fast ring config , i went to check out the update for my phone , i downloaded the Win 10 TP and launched the installation. The phone rebooted and the gears appeared and the installation took ~ 20 min. Until this moment, everything was fine.
After the installation bar ( under the gears ) completed , my phone rebooted and it kept rebooting for 20 times with only the Nokia Logo appearing ( the 2nd phase of the installation : app/ data migration , didn't appear ).
Because of these unexpected and never-ending reboots , i had to soft reset my phone.
After the soft reset , the phone started normally , the nokia logo appeared then the Windows Logo and finally my lockscreen. I typed my lockscreen password and all i've got was a black start screen and nothing else. The action center / notification bar doesn't appear when i swype , neither do the application list. Just the fuzzy lockscreen and nothing else.

EDIT : It's getting worse since my computer doesn't detect the phone since the update. I'm using very various tools and the Windows Explorer & Recovery Tool can't detect the 920.
I'm thinking about hard resetting the phone.

Anybody else got this problem ?

Thanks.

might be a serious bug.. what you should do now is give the phone a factory reset if you are able to get that option under settings. if not follow the steps here on this link . . this applies to all the lumia devices. . and later on roll back to wp8.1 with the recovery tool. ;) good day

Nokia Lumia 520 hard reset

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99