Lumia 1320 not starting after rolling back to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10, what should I do?

ErHimanshuJaiswal

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1320 not starting after rolling back to windows 8.1 from windows 10

Hi All,
I Installed windows 10 on my Lumia 1320. My phone was restarting every 10-20 minutes. I planned to roll back to windows 8.1 with windows phone recovery tool. After recovery my phone is not starting anymore. I tried hard and soft reset button combinations but failed. Please help me out on this issue.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1320 not starting after rolling back to windows 8.1 from windows 10

Hi All,
I Installed windows 10 on my Lumia 1320. My phone was restarting every 10-20 minutes. I planned to roll back to windows 8.1 with windows phone recovery tool. After recovery my phone is not starting anymore. I tried hard and soft reset button combinations but failed. Please help me out on this issue.

is the battery charged?

ErHimanshuJaiswal

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Yes, Battery was full charged. And i kept it for charging for 3 hours. Then also its not starting up.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

Yes, Battery was full charged. And i kept it for charging for 3 hours. Then also its not starting up.

I rolled back my Wife's 1320 a few days ago and it is a bit finicky to get through.

First off, the restarting every 10-20 minutes was due to your CPU overheating. Why it kept doing this I don't know, but upgrading from 8.1 to 10 started this problem right from the get go.... When when I went into the settings to reset the phone to factory and it rebooted, it kept overheating and screwed up the downloading of the backup.

I then performed the hard reset of holding the buttons until the exclamation point icon popped up, did my little Mortal Kombat fatality move and it did a full reset from square one.

Problem was that it did a full install of Windows 10 again, but the good news was that the over heating issue stopped and the phone was stable. My wife then decided to put everything back on but then found most of the games she had on for our son didn't work (related to the existing store bug with Win10 not recognizing 1GB devices well) and she had enough and wanted it back to 8.1.

I got the recovery program on my system, plugged the phone in, but didn't find it.... Unplugged it, plugged it back in and there it was.

Started to download the files for the 8.1 recovery but the connection kept fritzing and cutting me off after 10-20mb. I had to sit there and keep hitting retry to collect the remaining files from the net. Eventually it stopped doing that and we got all the files and it fixed the phone back to 8.1

So the 1320 isn't very fun to restore back to 8.1 to say the least.

Other issues included the side buttons (volume, power, camera) not working at all except when doing a soft reset.

I am wondering if that has anything to do with your problem.

You said you charged it and it was full. Did the phone indicate anything about being charged?

Does it vibrate when plugged in? Do any lights or the screen turn on when plugged in?

If yes, then you still have a pulse. Load up the recovery program again and try to recover it once again.

If there is no indication that the phone is receiving any power, then take the battery out if you can and leave it out for about 10-15 mins in order to clear the phone of any possible charge or info stored in memory. Then pop it back in and try to turn it on by either the power button or by plugging it in by USB.

I had an issue with my Lumia 925 about two days after I got it where it slipped out of my hand and dropped onto the kitchen tiles. Thank Jebus it didn't hit the screen, but it smacked the corner edge and left a mark, not to mention the plastic backer popped open from the side frame. I shat bricks as the phone wouldn't turn on no matter what I did.

I popped the phone back together and then after nothing worked to turn it back on, I left it alone for about an hour.... Cursing and swearing the whole time.

I then went back to it after that hour, held the power button down for about 15 seconds and as soon as I released the power button, it vibrated and turned on normally.

Give your phone a couple of goes with a few breaks in between.

If that fails, take the battery out and leave it out (and the phone unplugged) for a period of time, then put it all back together and try to power it on.

If all else fails, attempt the recovery program again and when it asks you to plug it in, do so. It may not detect it, so unplug and plug it back in again and it might vibrate, turn on and the recovery will find it...... Recover it again.

Good luck. Hope some of this helps.

gsanath

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
What happened finally. Is the phone still dead or has it recovered; if so how? I have the same problem with the phone not getting powered on and it is dead. I lost the phone just because Microsoft refuses to update my OS and wants me to test windows 10 mobile. I obliged them and I am at a loss. :evil:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
What happened finally. Is the phone still dead or has it recovered; if so how? I have the same problem with the phone not getting powered on and it is dead. I lost the phone just because Microsoft refuses to update my OS and wants me to test windows 10 mobile. I obliged them and I am at a loss. :evil:

Did you tried the hard reset key sequence with phone wall plugged?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)