04-13-2015 08:27 PM
36 12
tools
    1.glance-date and month is not shown.
    2.lockscreen-date and other stuff on the wallpaper appear a bit late after waking up the phone.
    3. If u have a lockscreen password you might see a glitch on tiles after unlocking the phone(the tiles move a bit)
    4. Weird white lines appear on actioncentre sometimes.
    5.some apps take time to open(6tag,ucbrowser).
    6.copy/paste not working.
    7.flight mode/internet connection settings not working.
    8.back button does not work to get back to startscreen.
    Expand/collapse button should be removed and should have all settings in that place.. All settings doesn't look good in toggles.. They should add swipe up/swipe down gesture on toggles to expand or collapse..
    Last edited by AnkitGondalia; 04-12-2015 at 05:39 AM.
    04-12-2015 05:27 AM
    Is this before it after you did a hard reset?
    04-12-2015 05:30 AM
    Is this before it after you did a hard reset?
    No hard reset done.
    04-12-2015 05:31 AM
    2.lockscreen-date and other stuff on the wallpaper appear a bit late while waking up the phone
    3. If u have a lockscreen password you might see a glitch on tiles after unlocking the phone(the tiles move a bit)
    5.some apps take time to open.(6tag,ucbrowser)
    6.copy/paste not working
    Expand/collapse button should be removed and should have all settings in that place.. All settings doesn't look good in toggles.. They should add swipe up/swipe down gesture on toggles to expand or collapse..
    these are some of the few bugs. but it was expected to be this is a technical preview. hope these issues are fixed in the next build which is much more stable ;) good day
    04-12-2015 05:31 AM
    No hard reset done.
    A hard reset will probably solve a few of these issues.
    04-12-2015 05:35 AM
    these are some of the few bugs. but it was expected to be this is a technical preview. hope these issues are fixed in the next build which is much more stable ;) good day
    Yes.. They are not major bugs.. I just wanted to share some info about bugs in the 2nd build that I had encountered and wanted to share with you people.. :)
    04-12-2015 05:36 AM
    A hard reset will probably solve a few of these issues.
    Yes but I've heard that after hard reset people are unable to download some apps from store..
    ven07 likes this.
    04-12-2015 05:37 AM
    Yes but I've heard that after hard reset people are unable to download some apps from store..

I have done hard reset and am able to download apps from store.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    04-12-2015 05:40 AM
    2.lockscreen-date and other stuff on the wallpaper appear a bit late after waking up the phone.
    8.back button does not work to get back to startscreen.

Known issue. Glance will work only in the next builds.

A hard reset resolves the issue

Do not use any lock screen password. That resolves this issue.

4. Weird white lines appear on action centre sometimes.

A minor bug to be resolved in the next builds.

Working perfectly. However, if it does not work, a hard reset resolves the issue

8.back button does not work to get back to start screen.

It works for all apps. It only does not work for "apps list screen", cos "swiping from left to right" brings you back to home screen.

Sent from Lumia 1520 using Taptalk
    Harrie-S likes this.
    04-12-2015 05:50 AM
    My Lumia 521 has very unresponsive home screen button... anyone else notice this too!
    04-12-2015 06:31 AM

Known issue. Glance will work only in the next builds.

Do not use any lock screen password. That resolves this issue.

4. Weird white lines appear on action centre sometimes.

A minor bug to be resolved in the next builds.

Working perfectly. However, if it does not work, a hard reset resolves the issue

8.back button does not work to get back to start screen.

It works for all apps. It only does not work for "apps list screen", cos "swiping from left to right" brings you back to home screen.

Sent from Lumia 1520 using Taptalk
    How to hard reset? Factory reset?
    04-12-2015 06:36 AM
    THIS ^^^ is the most telling comment (to date) on this Win 10 TP release debacle.

MS has offered the general public an opportunity to help de-bug Win 10 by downloading TP and reporting issues.
    Instead, there are a bunch of walking, talking, typing ID ten T errors (notice I did NOT say reading) pounding this board with their whiny diatribe - mostly, because they did not read the disclaimer & have NO plan for fallback. They had to have the latest & greatest (on their daily driver) & now their phone is broken.

Want sympathy, it's in the dictionary ... read a bit, BEFORE jumping in. The answers are available.

to Ankit ... Hard Reset ?? really! smh

a bit of tuff love for those that NEED it
    04-12-2015 07:34 AM
    Settings>System>About>Reset Phone
    04-12-2015 07:53 AM
    doesnt look like this build is for u
    04-12-2015 07:55 AM
    doesnt look like this build is for u
    I'm not mad.. I'm just sharing the bugs with people who have installed and thinking to install it on their devices.. I now its a beta release and will be unpolished software
    04-12-2015 08:37 AM
    Video playing also not working all that great for me it shows grey lines. when i try to miracast to my fire stick the movies don't rotate to land scape mode So i can't use it hope the next build will be out in a few weeks.
    04-12-2015 08:56 AM
    Only true bug is Internet Sharing does not work
    04-12-2015 09:13 AM
    Ok im reporting the problems to MS giving some suggestions too.. I'm just sharing my thoughts with the public.. If you've got a problem with that then **** off..
    NO problem, simply making a point - IF you don't know how to Hard Reset your device (that IS What you asked), perhaps you should NOT be in the Insider release.

If you've read other posts - another method to HARD RESET = dial ##777# on your phone dial pad (there was an article about this a couple of weeks ago) ...

and the build will be buggy, that's been written about a million times
    04-12-2015 11:27 AM
    NO problem, simply making a point - IF you don't know how to Hard Reset your device (that IS What you asked), perhaps you should NOT be in the Insider release.

If you've read other posts - another method to HARD RESET = dial ##777# on your phone dial pad (there was an article about this a couple of weeks ago) ...

and the build will be buggy, that's been written about a million times
    Its my device and your no one to tell me whether I should install it on my device or not.. I'm using WP for around 2yrs and I knew before installing that the build was going to be buggy..
    ven07 and Conan143 like this.
    04-13-2015 01:30 AM
    ... hmm, quite fast how this thread deteriorated..
    ven07 likes this.
    04-13-2015 01:49 AM
    Its my device and your no one to tell me whether I should install it on my device or not.. I'm using WP for around 2yrs and I knew before installing that the build was going to be buggy..
    I'm happy you decided to share your experiences with all of us, because we're actually encouraged to do just that. When I saw your post count, I didn't mind that you didn't know what a hard reset actually is, because not many of us need to use it in the very beginning, but now that I see you're an active user of two years, it seems a bit strange that you never needed or heard of a hard reset.

Nonetheless, the reason why MDK is a bit harsh (not uncalled for; tough loving lol) is simply due the fact that most people have been complaining about this build as if MS promised a full and polished update :/ We have been stressing for a while now that the insider updates, won't be like the dev prev updates. Insider provides actual beta and alpha releases, so it's very weird to see people complaining so much (Im not saying that you were complaining).

On top of this, MS actually warns people before installing, but some just skipped over it lol
    jmshub and sahib lopez like this.
    04-13-2015 08:50 AM
    You are CORRECT, your phone, your choice ...

Simply responding to 'How to hard reset' post by YOU.
    Geddeeee likes this.
    04-13-2015 09:01 AM
    My Lumia 521 has very unresponsive home screen button... anyone else notice this too!
    Is that a typo? 521 was not on the WC list of phones that could install WP10.
    04-13-2015 09:06 AM
    worked fine all day Saturday and Sunday, now no connection to the outside world via LTE only WIFI did a hard reset after noticing the date was wrong still has Saturdays date, had texts this morning and a call then nothing - guess I will do a restore tonight
    04-13-2015 09:08 AM
    Is that a typo? 521 was not on the WC list of phones that could install WP10.
    Probably not a typo. Maybe just random guy with 8.1 lost with the same problem.
    04-13-2015 09:15 AM
36 12