How to reinstall insider hub on wp10?

anon(5345826)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I installed wp10 preview on my Lumia 920. The insider hub app would not launch, so I uninstalled it thinking that I could reinstall the app, but it's not on the store so how to I get it back?

I would think that the app would reappear when the next build is released, so even if I can't reinstall now, I will get it back with the next build.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I installed wp10 preview on my Lumia 920. The insider hub app would not launch, so I uninstalled it thinking that I could reinstall the app, but it's not on the store so how to I get it back?

I would think that the app would reappear when the next build is released, so even if I can't reinstall now, I will get it back with the next build.

Only way is to hard reset

ajcletus500

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The insider hub doesnt work for me too. Really want to get it working without having to hard reset.
The only other option i see is to wait for the next build

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I expected a Store link somewhere after I Deinstalled it. but nothing. Thought reinstalling would fix the issue of it not starting. well

ArthurB

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I know this response is months later (but in the same year, if any consolation), but this thread comes up when you search for the Insider Hub not working, and I only wanted to comment for having seen an appalling response above.

I love the confidence in the response, "Only way is to hard reset." Hard reset is not just one of the ways to do it, but it's the only way...

Anyhow, let me correct the record that it's not. If you launch the app Windows Insider, tap on Get Preview Builds, then on Slow/Fast, whatever track you were using, and then it'll say the phone will restart (a normal restart), and after that, you'll have the Insider Hub again.

So, no hard reset or anything...

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I just installed latest build (10586.63) on L950 and can't find the app anywhere. Followed ArthurB's suggestion and got nothing. Beyond this everything is in working order so I won't do a hard rest just for the app, by the way 'hard reset' is the rote response of a MS "support engineer" aka "intern"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans