Have they done any improvements to the Bluetooth audio? Such as adding separate volume control for Media vs OS sounds? Or even better controlling the maximum volume of an app, like Navigation, so my ears are not destroyed when she tells me to turn.

Side question, any new audio features like telling the phone to find an AirPlay device or PlayTo (Kind of like Miracast) device to stream the audio/video?
    04-12-2015 07:19 PM
    There isn't a dedicated media vs OS audio control while in Bluetooth. You can put the phone on silent so that text messages don't pester you while listening to music, so in that sense: Bluetooth audio is separate from system audio. Here+ Drive (and other GPS apps) would be considered app audio though which means it shares control with your music. Only exception would be if the app had it's own volume control (Waze has this for example).

Airplay is an Apple specific technology so I wouldn't expect support for it on any device that isn't made by them. You can use the Lumia Play To app to use DLNA and share media to any device that can accept it. Some newer Windows Phone devices also support screen mirroring through Miracast, but you'd have the check the specifics of the device.
    04-12-2015 10:41 PM