Anyone have battery issues on 925 after W10 preview install?

Scouseman

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
My battery life is horrendous. I had 95% battery life this morning, then I was on Windows central forum for about 7 minutes. After that my battery life was at 49%. Since the W10 install I've had to charge my phone at least 3-4 times daily. I have attempted the roll back procedure, but I get the "USB device isn't recognized" error. I've tried every way possible to fix this so I can rollback my device. The other small bugs like not having OneNote I can live with, but the battery drain is awful. Even when my phone is not in use the power drain is dreadful. Anyone else experiencing this?

Jeremy Ames

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I just installed it last night on my 925. This morning on the 1 hour commute to work I used spotify and my battery drained about 50%. I am playing with settings and seeing if I can improve things.

Scouseman

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I just installed it last night on my 925. This morning on the 1 hour commute to work I used spotify and my battery drained about 50%. I am playing with settings and seeing if I can improve things.
I made the original posting at 9:50 am, it is mid-day. My phone has been charging all morning and it's only at 70%. I wish I could get that USB issue fixed so at least I will have some decent up time for my battery. I like a few of the W10 features so far, but its not worth my battery life. Can't enjoy them with a dead phone 😢

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a 1520 and can't keep the battery charged after installing the preview last night. I had it charging all night last night and woke up with it at about 50% charged, unplugged it and by the time I got to work it was nearing dead. Recharged it back up to 8% before lunch, dead by the time I got back from lunch. Recharging it again now, but it looks like I'm going to have to try to roll back to 8.1 for now.

UPDATE: I just checked my battery saver page and it says 2 days 9 hours to fully charge...

Scouseman

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
That's unbelievably. I wish I could roll back to 8.1. It seems I'll just have to wait another month for the next build and hopefully it helps with the battery issue. One of the bugs is that some users are unable to use the back button to exit apps. I also have that issue. Have to close out with task manager, perhaps that bug is part of the reason my battery is abysmal ? I usually make sure I have no apps running in the background though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte