Poll: Do you want landscape mode for home screen?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Is it me or there is no poll? lol.

It's a yes from me so this can be avoided:

Touch Pro 7 -

HTC-7-Pro-12.jpg

In the touch pro 2 this used to happen, the home screen and everything else would change orientation when the physical keyboard was used.

200902181418htctouchpro2live11.jpg

With landscape home screens, we should see a resurgence of landscape qwerty phones. The keyboard on the touch pro 2 was the best I ever used on a landscape qwerty, in the candy bar form factory blackberry keyboard was pretty darn good then closely followed by the E61 keyboard imo.

Windows phone needs to have more form factors than just the plain slab candy bar. With windows phone 7 they were on the right track just the landscape support was completely woeful (check out Adam Lein reviews for the Touch Pro 7 on pocket now)

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
As we have already seen that 8 inch devices will be having phone UI, it would be necessary to have a landscape mode for such devices. I wonder if MS would allow smaller screen devices having landscape mode.

WinCoffee

Banned
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I would love that! I usually use my phone in landscape if it's possible.
I hope MS could make everything in landscape mode too. Nothing bad about having options! ^^

Vicky Krishnatrai

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
It would work like windows 8.1 tablet. And background will work like andorid background. But it will decrease the qualtiy of background image but there must be an option for seprate background for portrait and landscape mode.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm a yes for sure! Maybe we can get Windows Central to do one of their polls and see how it turns out. I'll send Daniel a message on Twitter asking him to do it.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I would like to have landscape. Ideally, the tiles would stay put, but just rotate around, and then scroll sideways like on the PC, although I don't know how that would go for the rectangle tiles. If I am using apps in landscape (videos, maps, Kindle is a big one) and I just want to do a quick check of something else, it would be nice to not have to crank my neck over to look at my phone's portrait homescreen while I've got the phone set up in landscape. It's not the end of the world, but it sure would add a lot of convenience (and after reading the hamburger options thread I see that obviously convenience is even more important than I thought).

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Not really. The trend seems to be to move away from physical keyboards on phones, the BlackBerry Classic being the exception, so why would we need it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion