I just wanted to say that Gabe from Microsoft can't be using Windows 10 for phone as his daily driver; he's lying unless he has a more updated version that we obviously don't have, which is a shame. Just saying.
    prasath1234 likes this.
    04-18-2015 05:52 AM
    Exactly. As per the warnings/disclaimers/acceptance messages he approved (or even wrote), W104PTP isn't for daily drivers.
    Plus he probably knows what he's doing on his secondary handsets and clean installs them rather than upgrades.
    04-18-2015 06:09 AM
    04-18-2015 01:52 PM
    I'm using it as my daily driver, surely gabe could only actually discover bugs and frustrations by actually using the thing!
    Montpbm and Shodan_HR like this.
    04-18-2015 02:29 PM
    I'm using it as a daily driver. His job requires that he uses the new OS as much as possible, so he's not necessarily lying. Plus, he might run more than one phone, or... GASP...

unless he has a more updated version
    umbrella_slideshow_01.jpg
    Montpbm and realwarder like this.
    04-18-2015 03:56 PM
    If he could snap his fingers and skip the alpha/beta/technical preview, I'm sure he would. Everyone needs to understand development takes time. And how is that a lie? I use it as my daily driver, along with 10 on my PC and surface pro 3. It's a good plan for bug testing and seeing what works and what doesn't. I've yet to find anything deal breaking and I'm a very heavy user
    Montpbm and k0de like this.
    04-18-2015 04:00 PM
    I'm using it as a daily driver. His job requires that he uses the new OS as much as possible, so he's not necessarily lying. Plus, he might run more than one phone, or... GASP...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	umbrella_slideshow_01.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	102638
    His job doesn't require it. It's possible to manage people/projects without being involved at ground level.
    As an example, I'd not expect a government health minister to know how to do a heart transplant.
    It could in fact be argued that someone in Gabe's position really shouldn't be using the TP.
    xandros9, Montpbm and techiez like this.
    04-18-2015 04:10 PM
    His job doesn't require it. It's possible to manage people/projects without being involved at ground level.
    As an example, I'd not expect a government health minister to know how to do a heart transplant.
    It could in fact be argued that someone in Gabe's position really shouldn't be using the TP.
    Well, I don't know his exact responsibilities, obviously. I'm taking the OP at his/her word that the man has said that he is using the TP as his main phone OS, and I have no reason to assume this is a lie on his part. I would assume he's doing that because of his professional obligation. As you say, I wouldn't say it was imperative that he does, and I wouldn't particularly care if he was using a competitor's phone either. I hope they're looking at the competition all the time.
    04-18-2015 04:23 PM
    I just wanted to say that Gabe from Microsoft can't be using Windows 10 for phone as his daily driver; he's lying unless he has a more updated version that we obviously don't have, which is a shame. Just saying.

He's using a different internal build of course
    Montpbm and RumoredNow like this.
    04-19-2015 02:29 PM
    I reverted back to 8.1. Wow I really missed my"real" 1520!
    Montpbm likes this.
    04-19-2015 05:29 PM
    I agree with everyone, I was just saying. I reverted back, but my 1520 was ok running W10, with just some bugs.
    04-19-2015 06:46 PM