2 Minutes made you change your opinion??

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
it is obvious that WP designers don't know what they're doing!!

see this image as an example:
ABOUT 3 INCHES ONLY AVAILABLE!!!!View attachment 102896

on the contrary, I think that isn't bad at all. Maybe make it a bit more dense, but otherwise I like the design.

This isn't something that is entirely new to Windows Phone either. The acclaimed People Hub in say 7 was still received well.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Not exactly true - its an app therefore can be updated by MS whenever they want. But I am with you it makes more sense to discuss it before the final release.

spazinvader

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
My time to vent ;-)

I don't have anything about hamburger menus. But why we need to go that road is the reason I need to know!!!

For things that are used rarely? Well, have it in the next screen or keep a link like "settings" in various apps into the ellipsis. If hamburger is going to hide things that are not used often, why keep it in the screen all the time? Hide it away some where, either as a link into the ellipsis or an action in the action bar(which definitely going to be seen all the time; but putting the hamburger kind into that will at least save some screen estate used if we have both the action bar and hamburger)

For having leaps and bounds of things added to the app? Let's face it. No one can be using those number of items consistently over a period of time. And if they require that much, why do that work on a meager 4" to 6" screens? Portable and powerful do not mix well. At least things that are that portable but should be that powerful.

Better adaptable for new users? If it is going to be the same design with their previous phone, why they bother try this new OS? Why not stay with the OS they are familiar with and done away with it?

Don't need to do a "different for the sake of being different"? Well it will be as bad as "similar for the sake of being similar" except that you will lose the appeal to those who wanted something fresh. For arguments asking what about those who were familiar with other platforms, please read the previous point.

If hamburger is the way MS is going to choose, I am fine with it(even if I am not, MS is going to do it anyway). At the very least put it in the bottom(either in the action bar or a separate space for it). It will be lot more useful that way.

And what would I do if MS is going to put hamburger AND going to put it in the top only? Well, lets just say that I will be stuck in the Windows Phone 8.1. I loved the idea of hubs and hoping that hubs will be back with Windows 10(hoping that Message hub is just the beginning that I might see).

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Up until NOW, I've been going on screenshots & descriptions ...

Just installed Win10 Mobile (10052) on my Lumia 635 (backup phone) and the People Hub (as it currently exists) is somewhat disappointing !!

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I have already accepted that the desktop oriented W10 ecosystem is not for me. Come W13 (assuming we're counting in twos now) I'm pretty confident MS will have no option but to return to a touch first approach.

W8 is still good. I can see it lasting me for a long time yet. I stuck with Win2K and never did move to XP because it never offered anything that 2K couldn't do for me. Now, in the new ecosystem centred world, it's going to be even harder to shift people to an OS that isn't well suited to their touch devices.

W10 is an upgrade for W7 users and will attract them. W8 users will want to wait for the next upgrade on the touch spur of the Windows platform.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Update:

I use Win10 on my phone.. And no, no I just don't like the navigation, no way. It sucks compared to 8.1
There's a reason I have ever touched a WP coming from Android (I like It), but I also like how WP is different and I really got used to it so much that anything else is annoying ("new" UI and navigation). And even If I like it, it's not as much as 8.1

8.1 UI is not perfect either, it needs new shapes, icons, color, SMALLER FONTS in some areas, and stuff like that.. But that's It. Why fix something that's not broken, just improve your Design ..

+ Improve gesture navigation

Why would anyone switch to WP, if It looks like un attractive version of old Android design without apps, from Perfectly shaped Material design.

No, we don't know how it's gonna look in the end, and I believe It will look Beautiful, but I don't like the way it's headed now.

Why do I Care?

Because WP and Microsoft gave me inspiration and actually made me fall in love with mobile devices, phone designing and UI design way more than anyone else.. And now it's turning mainstream like musical bands..

I'm not going to support something that I and many more don't like just to be liked by the community here because "unliking anything MS-made" is "hating" You can believe me that no matter how many MS devices you own, I probably care a lot more. And as someone may read this from MS, I think its good.

I'd rather encourage them to improve Modern design..

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
By the way, if you're installing it on a 6xx phone, it's terrible. It's alright on a 925, you can see more of everything/

Have to agree. I've been reading the posts, wondering what the uproar was about.
After installing Win10 TP on my Lumia 635, the navigation is skewed from what previously existed (WinPhone 8, 8.1) and is simply non-intuitive.

Not so much a complaint, but agreement with all the naysayers. I took a look at it, opened the apps I could & powered it off, waiting for the next build.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
on the contrary, I think that isn't bad at all. Maybe make it a bit more dense, but otherwise I like the design.

This isn't something that is entirely new to Windows Phone either. The acclaimed People Hub in say 7 was still received well.

Try searching for contact in 8.1 in comparison to that, more work

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo