Overheating and Quick Battery Drain

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
After installing 10, hard resetting, re-flashing back to 8.1, re-installing 10 and hard resetting once again my 822 is finally useable. But I still have problems with battery life. This never was a problem on 8.1. And to make matters worse the Battery Saver app won't allow me to see any which apps may be running in the background.

I'm hoping a future build will correct this. It's not my daily driver so I can live it.

Kitavi Ken

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
My battery usage in windows 10 TP on 1520 is normal if not better. I have never hard reset my phone since I bought it in April 2014.. Are these phones different or is the upadate different? I guess you have an app that is consuming much power

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
My battery usage in windows 10 TP on 1520 is normal if not better. I have never hard reset my phone since I bought it in April 2014.. Are these phones different or is the upadate different? I guess you have an app that is consuming much power

That's nice to hear. Could you share a screen shot of your start screen, so that I can only use the apps on your home screen on my phone for testing purposes?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
my 930 is also draining battery in a remarkable way :)

it cant hold the charge for 1 hour. that's after charging it on a normal cable.

the wireless charger on the other hand, isn't even providing enough power to charge, it is discharging while on the plate!

the phone tempreture is surly reaching over 50 C.

i think this is an app thing.

can people with overheating list the apps that they have installed. maybe we can find a common devil here (which i think is whatsapp)

i will edit this when i get home as for now i do not have any power source capable of turning my phone on :)

i must shift to nuclear lol

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Battery Saver is useless. Checking on usage crashes the program.

Not true. Because of it I was able to diagnose which app was causing my "background" battery drain, it was outlook email&calendar. After disablind it in battery saver, battery "drain" is as with 8.1 - 1.2% per hour.

Raj Poladia

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
my 930 is also draining battery in a remarkable way :)

it cant hold the charge for 1 hour. that's after charging it on a normal cable.

the wireless charger on the other hand, isn't even providing enough power to charge, it is discharging while on the plate!

the phone tempreture is surly reaching over 50 C.

i think this is an app thing.

can people with overheating list the apps that they have installed. maybe we can find a common devil here (which i think is whatsapp)

i will edit this when i get home as for now i do not have any power source capable of turning my phone on :)

i must shift to nuclear lol
Even I think it's WhatsApp or outlook mail & calendar app. I'm on windows 10 mobile preview

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Is outlook mail app plus cortana, I disabled it and instantly my phone refreshed from over heating, other thing I did was dissable the gps, it runs much better now.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Just give it a try, block background process for outlook and see if it makes a difference. You will still be able to manually synch.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Just give it a try, block background process for outlook and see if it makes a difference. You will still be able to manually synch.

No difference what so ever, I unplugged the charger 1.5 hours ago, now its on 50% and I barely used it.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that Glance was causing the problem. Turning that off is recommended - however, if you install 149 and then hard reset (which most people do to get stability), the Glance features are missing from Settings.

Looks like the only option is to roll back - turn off Glance - then upgrade.

Edit: Post discussing Glance: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/363658-2.htm

I'm on a 930 and still getting the overheating issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mietaz