Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10052

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
You mean the parallax effect when you swipe left to the apps? Thats normal to move to the left, if i got you right

There's a bug (at least on 1520) where your chosen home screen background moves to the left leaving a black bar on the right side of the screen that runs from top to bottom. Ugly as sin.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if battery life has improved?

I installed the last build on my Lumia 925 and the thing was quite warm most of the time and my battery got chewed up in around 4 hours.

I've had to roll back to 8.1 update 2 and am loathe to go through the whole process again just to see if the battery is behaving.

Battery might not be upto standards of new phone but then its definitely improved compared to previous build. I am getting 12 hours plus on my Lumia 1020 (which i am using to post this message).

BeornSV

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know, Is there anything I can do to install directly the update 10.0.12544 without installing 10.0.12534 on Windows 8.1 Denim ?
Tp 10051or 10.0.12534 doesnt work well on my 1020.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know, Is there anything I can do to install directly the update 10.0.12544 without installing 10.0.12534 on Windows 8.1 Denim ?

Tp 10051or 10.0.12534 doesnt work well on my 1020.

You have to install every version until the latest version.

BTW, is there a 12544 version? Lol

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Transparent tiles work on my 1020. And it's faster than ever.
I did a clean install of W104PTP rather than an upgrade.

How did you do that? Do you have the ROM? Or do you by chance mean you hard reset your device?

BTW, I am still curious what do they do when you hard reset the device? Do they use same API as the DISM tool they use on the desktop (when installing on the desktop you could clearly see through the Resource Monitor that Windows is using DISM to deploy install.wim that it extracts from the ESD file downloaded by Windows Update service over BITS. How it gets on the phone?

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
How did you do that? Do you have the ROM? Or do you by chance mean you hard reset your device?

BTW, I am still curious what do they do when you hard reset the device? Do they use same API as the DISM tool they use on the desktop (when installing on the desktop you could clearly see through the Resource Monitor that Windows is using DISM to deploy install.wim that it extracts from the ESD file downloaded by Windows Update service over BITS. How it gets on the phone?

Clean install of OS on a phone is done by first hard resetting the phone to factory settings, setting up as a new phone and then upgrading to new OS through Settings>Phone Update

spazinvader

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Can some one confirm whether Age Of Empires Castle Siege working with the new build? On 10051, it was not working. I upgraded my Lumia 920 to Windows 10 Build 10051 and gave various feedbacks for a week regarding bugs and issues. But I could not stand parting with the AoE.So reverted to Windows Phone 8.1 update 2. If AoE works, I would indeed settle with 10052 until next build ;)

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
We'll definitely be monitoring the feedback app to know what works and what doesn't for you all.
How about questions? I've been trying to find out if the latest release fixed the absence of the option to have texts read and responded to by voice alone. The settings were missing from the first release. I would like to try again and provide feedback, but there are some basics I can't live without such as the texts. I've asked in a couple of threads over a period of weeks but no answer from anyone yet.

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Clean install of OS on a phone is done by first hard resetting the phone to factory settings, setting up as a new phone and then upgrading to new OS through Settings>Phone Update

And what's the difference with upgrading over 8.15 GDR3 Developer Preview OTA? After all, when you reset the phone and install all the updates, you end up the same environment as you've had before doing a reset, isn't it?

salcie

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a 920 and I installed build 51 when it appeared. I had a few very nasty bugs, including the sim one, but after 2 hard resets, everything was working fine. I had one last problem - huge battery drain/heating. So I turned on battery saver from 85% and phone was running just fine. After build 52, I once again experienced heavy drain. My battery went dead and I have a damaged charger (and a strange phone because other similar cables didn't work), now I cant get it to charge at all, it boots up at 3-4%, then it dies again because (guessing) the heavy usage process starts again.

My question is, since I cant hard reset (too little battery), when using recovery tools, is there any problem in using a damaged cable? Or it will either work or not? Also, do other cables work? When flashing through cable, does the phone need to be charged or not?

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
And what's the difference with upgrading over 8.15 GDR3 Developer Preview OTA? After all, when you reset the phone and install all the updates, you end up the same environment as you've had before doing a reset, isn't it?

A hard reset removes all the downloaded apps, pictures, messages and any other user data from the phone and returns the phone to factory settings.

That is, just like a new phone. So installing from there reduces the occurrence of bugs.

BeornSV

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
How do I install an update 10052, when after installation 10051 keyboard does not work and can not get in settings to check for new update ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)