New update. 10052 or 10.0.12534.59?

DaKine 73

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 1520 just got a new update. On the net there's a buzz on new update 10052, bug fixes on brick devices. But my Lumia 1520 says on the new version 10.0.12534.59. What's up with this discrepancy. Any info on what's going on with this new update?

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
That article got me lost.

Ehm, what's 10052 for Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview? I'm in the WIF fast ring and have no such build as 10052 (talking about Mobile version of Windows 10; desktop build is, of course, 10.0.10052.

I am currently on 10.0.12534.59. When they are talking about 10052, do they actually mean 10.0.12534.59 or what?

Speaking about what this build fixes, what it adds and whatnot, this build almost completely borked my phone. I hoped to see this will fix the problem with the phone not seeing my SIM card that got lost after I restared the previous 10.0.12534.52, but unfortunately, it DID not. Still no SIM...

Instead, the first issue I encountered when setup completed were continuing restarts of the phone. The phone stopped restarting when I removed the ?SD card.

I can live with these 20% of software that works on 10.x, I can survive the ?SD getting loaded with some unknown stuff (haven't examined it yet, but the remaining 3 Gbytes of free space got filled just in 1 day, I expect these are dumps)

Uhm, confusion...

Thanks

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
you are confusing OS versions with build numbers
Ehm, possibly. How do you obtain the build info on the device?

In this post MSFT officially explains that numbers in OS version found in Settings|System|About must be considered as Build number.

So when 10.0.12534.59 is a build number, what is 10052 then? In desktop version you could just 'winver' or 'systeminfo', how you'd get in on the phone?

Last edited:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Just to inject a bit of sanity and skepticism.

10052 = an arbitrary number that's pretty close, but slightly "newer" than the PC build numbers people are familiar with. The reason they call it this is so people think there's actually any truth in the marketing language about "Windows for Phones" and "Windows for PCs" being the same thing with a differently optimized interface. In fact, they are still the same thing as before: one based on Windows Phone and the other on Windows x86/x64, albeit with more features in common than before.

12534.59 = the real build number from the Windows Phone 10 code base.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520 and just received this update.
Plz help how many approximately size needed in this update?
735 Mb for download, 1.4 Gb for install
I am already update to windows 10 technical preview.
I mean how many approximate size needed in yesterday released bug fix update?
Entire discussion is off topic of what constitutes a build number and what they mean.

Jeff Law

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 635 to this build at the weekend. Since then, my phone has received no emails, despite there being a large number somewhere 'out there'. This is the same for two Gmail accounts, one Outlook.com, and one 'other' email account.
On the whole, I like the new 'Outlook' app, but it's useless when it won't receive, or even send, emails!
Is this a known issue with this build (and it's new Outlook app) or have I got a localized problem?
I have checked all of the sync settings, etc, and all appears to be in order.

Lumfan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 635 to this build at the weekend. Since then, my phone has received no emails, despite there being a large number somewhere 'out there'. This is the same for two Gmail accounts, one Outlook.com, and one 'other' email account.
On the whole, I like the new 'Outlook' app, but it's useless when it won't receive, or even send, emails!
Is this a known issue with this build (and it's new Outlook app) or have I got a localized problem?
I have checked all of the sync settings, etc, and all appears to be in order.

I too updated with recent Windows 10 TP. I have no issues with outlook mail.I have three accounts registered, Yahoo;Gmail and company account and all are perfectly working. I can send and receive emails on all. Would suggest deleting all account and re-configuring might work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12