Latest bug fixing update & photo app crashing issue

Malaya Mohanty

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
my photo used to crash every time i send a photo by whatsapp or hike etc. hence i had to roll back to 8.1. dont know exactly about this new build

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
my photo used to crash every time i send a photo by whatsapp or hike etc. hence i had to roll back to 8.1. dont know exactly about this new build

But whatsapp uses its own gallery for photo viewing and sending...i can use it efficiently only the MS photo app crashes...and also after the latest bug fixing update it crashes often like when I select multiple photos and perform delete operation also when I scroll to down which requires more time to load photo and then crash!!!

Muhammad Ali88

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
But whatsapp uses its own gallery for photo viewing and sending...i can use it efficiently only the MS photo app crashes...and also after the latest bug fixing update it crashes often like when I select multiple photos and perform delete operation also when I scroll to down which requires more time to load photo and then crash!!!

have you solved the photo app crashing issue? I have the same problem here.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It got solved for me with the latest update. It used to crash everytime I opened any photo. Now it's all ok. I guess.

vinscuzzy

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys referring to the Build update? Or the Photo app update(the one that removes the hamburger menu)? I'm on build 10166 and the app update actually cause the photo app to crash. For me at least. Ever since Ive updated, the app loads fine, but when I click on a thumbnail to view a pic bigger, the app immediately crashes. I cant even look at pics in the messaging app. It crashes when trying to view the pic bigger. I'm on a HTC M8. Anyone else having this issue???

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
In other threads people have said updating to build 10512 fixes it.

For me personally I have a L1020 and a L640XL. The 1020 has 10512 and doesn't have the issue, the 640XL has 10166 and does have the issue.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Both matter I think. When I was on 166, it crashed even though it was updated to the max, then I got on 512, and I saw another update, which fixed the crashing bug.
So..I guess there's that one update that's only visible from build 512, and that update fixes the crash. Or I could be just plain wrong and it's the 512 build that fixes it.
Anyways, it works great for me now.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
What version is your photos app? I don't feel like mine is fully up-to-date, I didn't get the update reported on WC a few days back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05