Windows 10 Tech preview now available on Lumia 520.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520, live in Ireland and I just got the tech preview update message. It's the actual update not the Tech config update.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Installed and its much smoother then the previous build I had. Login to apps much better some settings in the extras section don't work but has to be expected.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
When I tapped install it caused the phone to switch off (not the usual restart and my phone was plugged in) so I took out the charger and plugged it back in. As soon as I plugged it in the usual vibrate came and the OS continued to install as usual.
(I was going to yank out the battery but I was lucky I didn't as this could of caused an issue therefore using the recovery tool could of caused a brick at this critical stage) When updating and you see the battery logo and charging indication just pull out charger and plug back in.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Another thing fixed in this build was the ability to put in the SIM pin number after the update. I couldn't do this in the previous build.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Still cant turn off apps in the background using battery saver. I have two installed one from windows 10 tech preview and one from the firmware Denim side.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Really happy with my update so far. The keyboard has been fixed too its,more precise and typing is a little smoother.

Lumia00

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
after update.....

photo viewer is not working it jump out after loading pics

maps wont open...

brightness control sometimes doesnt work

sometimes the phone wont ring !!

keyboard got worse, too slow, misspell

music update cannot be installed,,, dont know why...

WP10 TP needs serious updates soon !!!

does anyone know when the final version of wp10 will release ??

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Some apps not opening. Always crashing(Loco music Player). Some apps are not installing(Perfect music)

Store not showing app updates etc...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99