No More Live Tiles ?

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion they are not. I don't know where this "Live tiles are dying" hysteria is coming from. I am sure live tiles will be added to the new built in apps. They are not feature complete right now.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion they are not. I don't know where this "Live tiles are dying" hysteria is coming from. I am sure live tiles will be added to the new built in apps. They are not feature complete right now.

I don't either, its kinda funny watching everyone lose their sticks over it though..

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I won't be suprised it they do so, looking at the direction in which is MSFT going. Live tiles, although great, have been nightmare for developers and there were much, much problems with that. Even MSFT apps (skype) doesn't work like it should.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hubs = gone
Panoramic apps = gone
Pivots = gone
Stylish typography = gone
One handed use = compromised

What makes Live Tiles so invulnerable than the rest that made WP so unique? According to that ex-MS clown and some of the "writers" on this site the design language is what held back WP from mass acceptance. If that's the case then you just know that MS is on the way of removing or toning down the Live Tiles. They already put in a transparency slider to dial them down next to nothing.

Matt Addy

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hubs = gone
Panoramic apps = gone
Pivots = gone
Stylish typography = gone
One handed use = compromised

What makes Live Tiles so invulnerable than the rest that made WP so unique? According to that ex-MS clown and some of the "writers" on this site the design language is what held back WP from mass acceptance. If that's the case then you just know that MS is on the way of removing or toning down the Live Tiles. They already put in a transparency slider to dial them down next to nothing.
The tiles aren't going anywhere. While I agree that Microsoft is getting rid of most of what made Windows Phone unique removing tiles would just make it too similar to android and iOS. Also Microsoft is showing us that tiles are here to stay why else would they keep them in Windows 10s start menu?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99