Omg found new thing in my phone!!!

nTrud3r

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I found a new thing the other day too.

When you're in a game and a notification comes up at the top of the screen, you can actually get rid of it by swiping it to the right.

I don't know if that has always been possible but to me it was new. This is 8.1 BTW.

Amazing how sometimes you find these little things and wish you'd always known about them.

This and the multitasking have been there since at least 7.5
-Former WP7.5 user

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Even though it is a feature that was there already it is a good find for some. The little x is a newer addition because people could not catch on to the long press and swipe down to close.

You should feel proud you found a feature you did not know of. The more you know the better you can do what you want with your phone!!!

Good on ya !!!!

Actually, the x came first, I don"t remember what updates added which, I think black added the X's and cyan added the swipe

Also I'd like to note that there really isn't a reason to close apps like that, when one is left, it just gets dropped in memory, it doesn't slow anything down or drain battery being left alone.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Also I'd like to note that there really isn't a reason to close apps like that, when one is left, it just gets dropped in memory, it doesn't slow anything down or drain battery being left alone.

Totally agree but I think Microsoft was smart to add it anyway because it's "easier" to add it then to explain it over and over and over again that you do not need to x or swipe them.��

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree but I think Microsoft was smart to add it anyway because it's "easier" to add it then to explain it over and over and over again that you do not need to x or swipe them.��

Oh I agree, even though its not needed much, its still good to have, sometimes an app breaks and needs to be closed manually, and its useful on old 512 devices, once you run our of ram it closes older apps, its useful to choose what to close so you can keep the apps you're currently using on.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm so happy my find has sparked up a lively conversation. Yes I think the X came with black. I just think that its so much easier. Especially when I ran WP10TP it just made the whole process quicker and more efficient. It's buggy as it is like so anything to make it easier I welcome.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else discovered something new on their WP?? 
No, but since my 1520 broke I have been using my ancient iPhone 4. Nice little trick: when you get a call there is a 'remind me' button sitting next to the 'answer' slider which allows you to set a reminder to call the person back using only two or three taps.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Even though it is a feature that was there already it is a good find for some. The little x is a newer addition because people could not catch on to the long press and swipe down to close.

You should feel proud you found a feature you did not know of. The more you know the better you can do what you want with your phone!!!

Good on ya !!!!

Is that a HD2 in your sig? Beast of a device. Brought back the font memories of WM6 :')
Feels like just yesterday..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss