Omg found new thing in my phone!!!

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I was long pressing the back button on my Lumia 520 using WP10TP to see what apps were opened (you know seeing the little screens of each app) and I put my finger on one and swiped down on the little screen of the app and it closed the app!! Instead of pressing the little "X" on the tiny window of the app. I never knew I could do this. It was accidental too. So happy I found a new feature on my phone. Ha ha and here was me thinking I knew my Lumia 520 inside out lol

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I didn't know that feature! You just taught me something. The closing apps, not the sideways swipe to close notifications. I knew the notifications swipe.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Even though it is a feature that was there already it is a good find for some. The little x is a newer addition because people could not catch on to the long press and swipe down to close.

You should feel proud you found a feature you did not know of. The more you know the better you can do what you want with your phone!!!

Good on ya !!!!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I was long pressing the back button on my Lumia 520 using WP10TP to see what apps were opened (you know seeing the little screens of each app) and I put my finger on one and swiped down on the little screen of the app and it closed the app!! Instead of pressing the little "X" on the tiny window of the app. I never knew I could do this. It was accidental too. So happy I found a new feature on my phone. Ha ha and here was me thinking I knew my Lumia 520 inside out lol

Good find :) it's always best to find these things on your own. It's a sign of you loving your phone so much that you have to find every little gem hidden in every little corner :love:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I think the task manager could be improved by removing the X button (as you can see it only confuses people and doesn't let them use natural gestures to easily close apps), and implementing a close all button eather by long pressing somewhere, or as a separate button.

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Even if a feature has been there already since the previous edition of the system, it's always fun finding it yourself for the first time.
For example last week I got the greatest surprise of my Windows Phone experience when I opened the Health and Fitness app for the first time and found out it has been tracking my physical activity 24Hr a day! and I have been using WP since 2012!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa