Omg found new thing in my phone!!!

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Lol this really proves that there should be some tutorial for windows phones starting with the first boot.

Now I'm no tech noob or anything but I agree entirely with you there. Even to have like a small video tutorial at the start when u boot up. It would help. 😊

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Even though it is a feature that was there already it is a good find for some. The little x is a newer addition because people could not catch on to the long press and swipe down to close.

You should feel proud you found a feature you did not know of. The more you know the better you can do what you want with your phone!!!

Good on ya !!!!

Aww Greywolf thanks so much. Quadruple like and thank on you comment 😊

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Even if a feature has been there already since the previous edition of the system, it's always fun finding it yourself for the first time.
For example last week I got the greatest surprise of my Windows Phone experience when I opened the Health and Fitness app for the first time and found out it has been tracking my physical activity 24Hr a day! and I have been using WP since 2012!

Omg what did you find? Wow that's alot of fitness monitoring. Then you can get an accurate picture of your fitness and what time of the year your most active. Wow amazing find. 😊

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Even though it is a feature that was there already it is a good find for some. The little x is a newer addition because people could not catch on to the long press and swipe down to close.

You should feel proud you found a feature you did not know of. The more you know the better you can do what you want with your phone!!!

Good on ya !!!!

Actually the swipe gesture came after the close button...
bellefp1l.jpg
^ Symbian Belle - Nokia sure had an influence on WP development.

Swipe down gesture on WP8.1 was implemented months after swipe up gesture on iOS 7.0, (and years after WebOS)...

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I found a new thing the other day too.

When you're in a game and a notification comes up at the top of the screen, you can actually get rid of it by swiping it to the right.

I don't know if that has always been possible but to me it was new. This is 8.1 BTW.

Amazing how sometimes you find these little things and wish you'd always known about them.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I found a new thing the other day too.

When you're in a game and a notification comes up at the top of the screen, you can actually get rid of it by swiping it to the right.

I don't know if that has always been possible but to me it was new. This is 8.1 BTW.

Amazing how sometimes you find these little things and wish you'd always known about them.
That's been there since WP7 lol. Not just games, everything

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
On iOS you can close two apps at a time - a finger on each, and swipe upwards. Boom! two apps closed!

I tend to swipe rather than aim at the X button.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Even if a feature has been there already since the previous edition of the system, it's always fun finding it yourself for the first time.
For example last week I got the greatest surprise of my Windows Phone experience when I opened the Health and Fitness app for the first time and found out it has been tracking my physical activity 24Hr a day! and I have been using WP since 2012!

Which phone do you have? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss